*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713481-Diagnosing-Writers-Block
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#713481 added December 12, 2010 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
Diagnosing Writer’s Block
Diagnosing Writer’s Block or The Last Time I had Writer’s Block
Lesson 6 Journal Entry


Word count: 396

The last time I had writer’s block, I swore it would be the last time I had writer’s block. I didn’t like the way it made me feel because I couldn’t even write an ode to coffee. I’m a coffee drinker, I love coffee; coffee is one of the few things in life I can enjoy with anything without feeling guilty. At least, that’s what I though until the last time I had writer’s block.

The last time I had writer’s block, I felt guilty because I couldn’t write an ode to coffee. I laid awake staring at the ceiling or staring out my bedroom window unable to sleep and unable to write. Normally if I can’t sleep, then I can write, but the last time I had writer’s block I could do neither. My inner critic told me I couldn’t sleep because I drink too much coffee. I couldn’t sleep because I had writer’s block and the more I worried about not being able to write the wider awake I became. Not only couldn’t I write an ode to coffee, I couldn’t write about insomnia. It’s terrible when you can’t sleep because you’re worried about not writing.

Then I realized one of the reasons I couldn’t write was because I was worried about not being able to write. The more I obsessed about writer’s block the worse it got; I gave up and I got out of bed. I went into the breakfast room and I opened my prayer book and started reading the prayers for tests and difficulties. Once I relaxed and stopped worrying about not being able to write or sleep then the writer’s block and the insomnia dissolved.

I realized that the problem was worrying. If I worry, then I can’t write or sleep. The more I worried the more difficult it was to write anything even a coffee poem. I still have a tendency to worry, but now I know how to take care of the problem. I read or recite a prayer and then I take action. Either I write or I take care the problem that’s worrying me.

The overall affect on my writing, is that now I know that writer’s block is caused by worrying and not taking action of some type. Sometimes the only thing to do about a problem is sit down and write about it.

Written in 2010




© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/713481-Diagnosing-Writers-Block