*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711792
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1725531
The story of two unlikely lovers inadvertently kept apart by untold secrets.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#711792 added November 19, 2010 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1.
I saw her for the first time when I was sat in the cafeteria in school on the first day of term. How could I not have? She was the new girl but everyone knew who she was. Jane Swan. The chief's daughter and infamous homecoming queen to Folks. Of course the entire student body was looking forward to meeting the new face of High Gloss magazine; becoming part of the new "in" crowd that was sure to rear its ugly head. I'll agree with the majority that she was gorgeous, what with her short denim skirt, almost see-through tank top and dark Gucci sunglasses but for me it was far to in your face to appear that attractive. She had long wavy brunette hair that trailed all the way down her back to her virtually 3 inch waste like a curtain. Her face was the perfect heart shape, with the button nose that girls these days spend thousands to obtain. Her legs gave away that it was no wonder she was a model, even though her purple stilettos must have added a good 5 inches. Unfortunately just because I wasn't interested, it didn't shield me from her thoughts about the people from Folks academy.
"Would you just look at that hair? Has she never heard of straighteners? Or perhaps a shaver?"
"Why did I get stuck here…? The last think I need right now is to be stuck with a load of losers. I mean I'm a model for god's sake!"
"Ooh he's not so bad. Might have to check that out later."
But the worse was what everyone else thought about her. I don't think I've ever seen a new student join the school and completely split the pupils in half. On the one side, the boys finding it hard to keep their jaws from trailing on the ground, on the other hand the girls getting ready to start a war, because of the guys not being able to keep their jaws off the ground. And all of it expressed with the most colorful of language. I have to say though, from my end, it was really all quite amusing.
"Fit ain't she?" Emmet drew my attention away from the entertainment with a simple sentence. He leaned in closer over my shoulder to watch her with me. "I ain't seen anything like that since I got with Rosaile. And even she's a close call. But you have her. I'll be nice to ya this time." He punched my arm in the kind of way baseball players do on the field and leaned back again to talk to Jasper about something apparently very funny. I'd have to tell him later that actually, I was prying into what could have been a very entertaining moment, and I actually didn't find her very attractive at all.
"Ed? You coming? You promised we could be on our own for a bit today…" Paige slipped her arm through mine and whispered into my ear with a slight purr that made her sound like a disgruntled tiger, gorgeous but very, very dangerous. Just how I like it. She'd always had this power over me from the day we met. Not that it mattered. I would have fallen for her anyway. She might not have been as outright gorgeous as Jane, but she had a certain sexy school girl quality that I much proffered. That and she was the only person I had found to date who I couldn't read their mind. And that made her all the better. When I'm with her I feel normal, human. Not that she'd ever know that of course. To her I'm just a normal teenage boy she's managed to find to love her, nothing more nothing less. And that suites me just fine.
"Yeah I'm just coming babe. Just give me a sec, k?"
"Alright then… but don't be long." With the last sentence she trailed the tip of her finger down my spine to the arch of my back while leaning in as if to kiss me, then sliding out of the chair next to me and walking out the door, strutting without thinking about it in her knee high platform boots. God was she striking.
But I had to do something first. I simply suddenly had a craving for an apple and knew that if Paige just thought it was food she would never have let me get one so I made it seem a little more important than was probably necessary but hey. Just a little exaggeration never hurt anyone. But as I was walking towards the lunch line to pick up said apple, I felt her. She was stood behind me in her purple shoes and Gucci glasses. I didn't need to turn to see her because I could hear her in my head. Every thought she was making was being bypassed to mine and I wasn't sure if I wanted to hear it.
"Hey. I'm Jane." Yeah I could have guessed that the voice that came out of her mouth would have matched the confident and mysterious persona she radiated. Soft and seductive yet firm and almost frightening. Much like Paige I noticed, but then mentally kicked myself for even thinking of comparing my gorgeous girlfriend to this common tart.
"Yeah I know. I think everyone knows who you are." I hadn't meant to be mean but from the thoughts that were spiraling from her head to mine I couldn't think of any other way I could get her to leave.
"Yeah I guess I have kinda made an impact, don't you think?" the last sentence was a challenge; I didn't need to be able to hear her thought to know that. Either I answered it in the way that she wanted me to, with flattery, or I completely rejected her and made myself what she thought to be a very powerful enemy.
"If you call what you’re doing 'making an impact' then sure what ever." The look on her face was priceless. Her jaw dropped so low that I suddenly had the erg to yawn rape her. I turned and walked down the counter to the fruit and veg plates, found myself a sort of decent apple and headed for the register. I knew without looking that Jane would follow. She's not the kind of girl to give up on something without a fight; I think anyone could tell that.
"And what's that supposed to mean?" she asked indignantly. "It's not like asked for all this attention. Is it my fault they happen to read a magazine I just happen to be in? No. So cut the shit attitude and grow up." The sound of her tipped stilettos let me know she was leaving.
I paid for my apple, left through the doors and just let myself go.
I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my whole life.
© Copyright 2010 Ice Queen (UN: g.barwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ice Queen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/711792