*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710187-Wednesday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#710187 added November 4, 2010 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Look at me, blogging two days in a row!

If you're keeping up, I reported yesterday that Michelle Tuesday Music School   had signed up its 61st student. Today, I report that we signed up #67 last night. *Exclaim* Chris (our office manager) and I are having SO MUCH FUN. We're playing in Excel now, trying to find ways to improve our scheduling process, because it's getting complicated. I see us moving to Access in the very, very near future. I've been threatening to database the process for months, but have had no time. Then I discovered that Chris digs this Excel stuff, so I'm pretty sure she'll dig Access, too. I figure we can work on that together and turn it into a training session, so she can design and modify on her own at any time. It's easier to find time for things when you have a buddy, because you hold each other accountable.

It's crossed my mind not to give away all my secrets when I blog, since I imagine Google might lead research-savvy competitors to the MTMS link above *Up*. But then I remember that I have an engineering degree, ten years of experience as a corporate manager, corporate-paid training on everything from leadership to Excel and Access to employment law, and a nerdy inclination to teach myself normally expensive services like web design and server setup. So if my secrets prompt my competitors to run out, get an engineering degree, find a good corporate management job for a decade, and spend a hundred hours researching HTML and CSS code, so be it. They deserve the success that will follow. *Thumbsup*

By the way, that's only half of my secret. The other half is our office manager Chris, who brings eight years of experience scheduling and billing clients in this exact same business. She knows her shit, and the former employer who let her go should be kicking herself. But honestly, I don't think she gave Chris the creative license I give her, which serves to both make her happier and help my business grow. So the former employer was missing out even while Chris was on her payroll. Trust your employees and utilize their skill sets to their fullest potentials, people. That's how you create a successful business.

Points:
8:00am Coffee (1)
8:30am Fiber granola bar (2), so far, so good...
10:00am Peanuts (1)
11:15am Peanuts (1)
1:00 pm Roast beef sandwich (7)
4:00pm Peanuts (1)
6:00pm Chips with salsa (3) and cheese dip (1), beef crispy taco (5), beef enchilada (6), and Mexican rice (5)
10:00pm Jelly bellies, but only like maybe ten (1) (I FOLDED, OMG)
TOTAL POINTS: 35

I'm targeting a goal of 25 per day. Thursday will be a better day.

© Copyright 2010 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/710187-Wednesday