*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708893-Wing-Man
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#708893 added October 19, 2010 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Wing Man...
...or Cock Block?

So M and S (from the last entry; do try to keep up with this Lifetime Special Presentation) decided tonight was Movie Night... at My House (which, you'll recall, M is renting in, so he can do this).

Only thing is, after we both ran around committing a neatness, and had a couple of beers to prepare, when S came over, she insisted on socializing with both of us instead of heading to the Lair to watch the movie (which, by the way, was Grindhouse, her choice, so M has good taste in women).

So we ended up all sitting around talking. And I was appalled to find that she apparently had more in common with me than with M. But no, I wasn't going to go there. It's not the "bros before hos" crap; it's that he knows where I sleep.

I figured after a while, they'd go to the Lair and I could get back to practicing guitar or writing in my blog (anything to avoid actually doing my NaNoPrep today). But no... we just sat there and talked. Then she begged out when it started getting late - that's a long movie.

After M walked her to her car I said to him - whilst carrying my guitar; he wouldn't do anything to harm a guitar, so it was at least as effective as +5 plate armor - "Dude, I'm sorry. I wasn't intending to chaperone."

"Naw, it's cool." (At this point I took off the guitar.) "It's too soon for her to be comfortable alone with me. It's good you were there."

And then I went and learned how to play Counting Crows' "A Murder Of One" on the guitar. Four chords - easy!

So... wing man? Or cock block?

I'm going with the former... Mike was wanting to take it slow anyway.

Now if she only wouldn't laugh at my puns. That only encourages me.

© Copyright 2010 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708893-Wing-Man