*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708820-It-looks-like-a-good-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#708820 added October 19, 2010 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
It looks like a good week
Fidál (Grace), 4 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Tuesday, October 19, 2010 about 10:15 AM Pacific Time

It’s Tuesday, October 19, and it’s beginning to look like a good week. Yesterday I wander how good a week it was going to be. We made payment arrangements concerning the power bill. We were supposed to pay $140.00 on the back power bill plus the present power bill. The last information I received was a $213.00 present power bill added onto the one we couldn’t pay last month.

I applied for energy assistance last month and hadn’t heard anything about it. I called the customer service line yesterday and found out the Energy Assistance Program paid $500.00 on the power bill. The Customer Service Agent said we owed $190.00 this month. He said not to worry about it and to pay what we could. I think I can raise $140.00 this week, which means I have to pay the rest next week or with the next power bill, whenever that is due.

It’s beginning to look like a good week. A friend called yesterday and wants to have Merry Maids come in and give an estimate about cleaning Mom’s bathroom. We can’t have the tiles fixed in the shower until the bathroom is cleaned. I may go ahead and ask for an estimate on cleaning the entire house. I don’t like going that route, but I don’t think I have any other options at this time.

Mom’s going to be angry about someone coming into the house and cleaning her bathroom. I want the shower fixed. I need the shower fixed. I want to take a shower rather then a bath. I would like Mom to be able to take a shower; true I will have to be in the room with her to make sure she doesn’t fall and that will make her angry.

I’m getting used to Mom becoming angry at the drop of a hat. Actually, the hat doesn’t have to drop for her to become angry. Mom has Alzheimer’s and anger seems to be a part of the symptoms; I’m learning to accept that. I’m learning to accept a lot of things. Despite or in spite of the situation, this is beginning to look like a good week.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708820-It-looks-like-a-good-week