*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703263-Showing-up-for-the-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#703263 added August 5, 2010 at 7:45pm
Restrictions: None
Showing up for the day
"I tell myself I need to show up for the day" — Kathlene.

ME:

Yep. No energy earlier. I did my salmon-loaf at the Waiting-for-God Center (still $5). I showed up at the Spanish Circle but was listless and left early. I did FB, internet, checked weather ...94º today.

So... I'm sitting here with a coffee at Butterfly Herbs and Kathlene shares me her wisdom: Show Up For The Day! I may define this differently than she does, but the point is well made. Better than staying home moaning...

Neither of us does well with overwhelm, so some days are about just that: showing up (and nothing more).

Then there is the metaphor of the shark that must constantly move to stay alive. That too.

So my obeisance to all you Energizer Bunnies out there... but, please understand that for me breathing, albeit an obligatory exercise, may be the only accomplishment some days.
19,641

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703263-Showing-up-for-the-day