*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700675-I-Never-Imagined
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#700675 added July 2, 2010 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
I Never Imagined
I never thought that I would be taking care of my mother. I could have imagined all sorts of things, I have a very vivid and wild imagination, but never that I would be taking care of my mother in her old age.

Mom is not helpless, but she has become dependent. If Mom wants a soda, she will say she wants one and then decide she should not have it. Mom will not get up and get the soda herself. Mom sits on the couch or the love seat debating with herself whether she should go lay down. Eventually, Mom decides to lie down in her bed or she goes to sleep where she sits.

Then there is the fact that Mom seems to want permission to eat. Sometimes she will fix a sandwich, but most of the time she will not fix a sandwich until I have said about 50 times that is all right to eat whatever she wants. She does eat will when I fix her something, but she protest taking her medication. So far, she has taken the meds as along as I encourage her to do it, but I am not sure how long this will last.

I know or I think the problem is Alzheimer’s disease, but there could be other issues. Mom has to see her doctor again at the end of July or the beginning of August. I am will keep a list of the symptoms and question I need to ask. All though, the best thing to do would be to go to the Brain Institute and see what they say.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/700675-I-Never-Imagined