*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698634-Youre-Blocking-the-Scenery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1675037
My thoughts... for what they're worth.
#698634 added June 9, 2010 at 2:47am
Restrictions: None
You're Blocking the Scenery
Yeah yeah yeah I know.  It’s been a few days.  But see…when it rains, it pours around here and I just cannot seem to keep my head above water.  This time the computer freaked out and pretty much said n|m (that’s “the bird” for anyone not hip to text speak).  No attempts to bring it back from the NeverNever were at all successful soooooo $500+ later (that includes a few software installs that may or may not have been necessary) I have a new teeeeeeeny little laptop that will take some getting used to but I don’t think it’s going to be horrible.  It doesn’t have a CD-ROM but the old old laptop does.  I can’t use the s, w, x, z, 2 or ? keys, or the arrow keys on the old one but I don’t really need those to burn CDs and all of my music is on my external HD anyway…





Wow…that so wasn’t the point I set out to make here.  Not even in the same ballpark.





Let’s start over. 





I need a vacation.  My job/boss (mostly job, lately) is making me crazy.  I can’t get my head above water there either.  The last two weeks have been crazy crazy with a ton of new jobs hitting my desk.  Which normally would be a good thing but all of these were “top priority, get them done yesterday, this one must be done first” and I don’t know what world everyone else is living in but in the one where I live, not everything can be first. 





I would really love to go spend some time with my sisters.  The problem with that is they all have jobs and lives and can’t do all of the things that I want to do.  This year, or in recent months, this not driving thing has become a bigger issue than it has ever been…ever.  If I could drive over and visit, I could A) Do it more often and not develop such a crazy need to do it and B) Go, crash with someone and then bail while they are at work.  Go hang out with other people or chill at the bookstore…or head up to Springs and do a promo day with Ashley and Stevie Rae. :) That would be fun.





Ultimately, the plan would be…hang out for four or five days, over the weekend.  Go bar hopping or to B-Street, go to Dragon’s Lair and get my tattoo, have a big lunch or dinner with anyone who can and wants to come.  Get some stuff done for Jenny’s wedding (like see the dress I’ve paid for without actually seeing it)…Maybe catch a movie or order some pizzas and watch movies at someone’s house.  Just do the things I would do if I still lived there.  Because I wish I still lived there. 





Pueblo is kind of a craptacular town and not really a whole lot better than here but it is where my friends live and where I came into myself.  I always feel a weird sense of relief when I can first see the water towers at the college from I-25.  It’s not the same sense of home and belonging that I felt in Austin but it’s similar. 





I just need a change of scenery…that’s really what it comes down to.

© Copyright 2010 KHKCrimson (UN: d_gabrielle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KHKCrimson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698634-Youre-Blocking-the-Scenery