*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696988-Moving-Out-Up-and-On
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #1675037
My thoughts... for what they're worth.
#696988 added May 22, 2010 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Moving Out, Up and On
This is something I think about a lot.  Life gets in the way and I’m nearly 30 and have been living with my mom for six years.  It’s time to not anymore. 





Not the point.  The point is that I think about things I’ll do (or won’t do…or want to do) when I move out.





I want to live alone.  This probably isn’t possible, economically, but I’m tired of living with someone else.  I want to live alone and as I want to live.  I don’t want to have to ask a roommate for permission to do anything or deal with them eating/drinking/using my stuff or collaborating with them on decorations/mealtimes….I want to live alone for a while.





I want to have dinner with friends.  Once a month or every two weeks, something, whatever, I want to have my friends over and have a nice dinner, maybe watch a movie, listen to music, just hang out, talk, be friends.  I miss being able to do this.





I’d love to be able to afford a two bedroom apartment so that I could turn one room into a craft/art/printing room.  Get a fabulous laser printer, get my magazine into print.  I’ve also considered covering the entire floor with plastic, the walls too, so I have a place to paint and not have to worry about getting paint on anything.  I love getting messy when I paint.





There is a whole vintage art movement in stores that is centered around coffee.  All of these pictures are in warm colors, primarily browns and reds.  I want to buy a whole mess of these pictures and then coordinate my kitchen/dining area around them….reds, browns, giant coffee mugs…I like this print: http://artwork.barewalls.com/artwork/CoffeeShop.html?ArtworkID=349639&thumbs=1&p...





On the subject of decorating… the living room area I want in black and white cityscapes/urban photography.  I love this one: http://artwork.barewalls.com/artwork/WorkersonaSkyscraper.html?ArtworkID=87128&t... I also found a black and white print of Austin, Texas’ South Congress Ave at night once but I haven’t been able to find it again since then.  Music pictures would be awesome also.  I have a picture I swiped out of a Rolling Stone photo issue and framed, of Pete Townsend showing off his bleeding fingers.  I could center a room décor around those kinds of photos as well and be pretty satisfied.





Even though I want to live alone, I want friends to feel like my place is the place to hang out.  Come over whenever, my door is open.

© Copyright 2010 KHKCrimson (UN: d_gabrielle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KHKCrimson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/696988-Moving-Out-Up-and-On