*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692902-Looks-like-fun-I-think
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#692902 added April 11, 2010 at 7:25pm
Restrictions: None
Looks like fun, I think
Ok, I am not going to put up much here today. Spring has sprung here in the Atlanta area. Last week the outside temps got up to 80 degrees. Over the weekend the quick rain shower on Friday night left this weekend cool, bright and sunny. Azalea bushes and Dogwood trees are making the landscapes brightly magical. The only real trade off is the pollen output... everything outside has this thin, green dusting. And, don't even think you are going to wash it off. That is just an invitation for the next coating to stick. And, yes, before you even get the front half of the car dry... the back half is covered again. In another week or so... then wash the car.

I remember growing up, this time of year my dad practically lived off Contact antihistamines and juice. I, thank you God, inherited more of my mother's genes when it comes to pollen sensitivity... although, right at the moment I am feeling kind of stuffy, just not incapacitated in any way. I do tend to do the heavy fluid intake... mostly water, but I do indulge in much coffee and juice, when the mood hits. I've pulled the bike out of storage (for lack of a better sounding word than neglected on the back porch). I found yesterday that it still does it's job, but the engine (me) does need some heavy tuning up. But, I made it out and back in the same morning.

Anyway, I have just a tad more time before I head to Hartsfield/Jackson (and if my friend John Naugle has is way about it- we'll add Carter/King/Gandhi to the list- a couple of local Nobel prize winners and someone who should have won) to welcome my wife home from a trip. I dropped her off a few days ago, and tonight is the scheduled return flight. She was being paid to deliver a workshop for Early Childhood providers and teachers... and I am not sure what the topic was this time. In the past she has done them on Relationships between providers and parents, Sex ed- what is normal for pre-K types, The difference between boys and girls, Diversity training and cultural observations she has over her 30 years providing education and care for those of us younger than 5. That sort of stuff. Me? I do Geography Databases and usually stay closer to home.

Oh, looks like time is up for this session... and, yes, I know... I really should be doing this more often...

© Copyright 2010 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692902-Looks-like-fun-I-think