*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692769-Crazy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#692769 added April 13, 2010 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Crazy
((The Music))
I picked a classic by Gnarls Barkely. Fits the mood, the atmosphere of the day, and it has been on the radio five times since I the beginning of the week. There's something ridiculously smart about the lyrics. Bark, raving mad. But brilliant. The back beat is catchy, too, without being annoyingly repetitive. The video is has a nice touch to it as well - Rorschach ink blots can make anyone nuts.

((The Life))
Have you ever had a sign that maybe things just weren't going your way?

After a night of feeling oddly relieved and extremely guilty for dropping my Anthropology class at the last minute, I packed my things on Friday and prepared for a day on the bus heading to B-town. The entire process has become a routine now. I head up north about one or two times a month. I stay in the same hotel. I practically stay in the same damn room. I don't even think about what I need to do anymore.

The first thing that went wrong was the ticket information. The power went off two hours before I had to get going, and I hadn't bought my ticket yet. I tried calling the 1-800 number for Greyhound. That phone line is like a portal to hell. By the time the power came back on, it was too late to order the ticket online.

I was heading out the door not in the best of moods.

A couple of unusual missed turns and leaving kind of late in the hour, I had prepared for the inevitable four-hour wait for the next bus in LA.

I caught a ride with my mom to Anaheim, about 20 minutes north. The station agents know me now. I'm a regular. I was able to grab my ticket with a moment to spare, tagged my bag for under the car, and waited for my metal chariot to arrive.

And waited.

And waited some more.

The problem came to the fact the bus was over an hour and a half late. There was a large possibility it wasn't going to show. And my mom had to catch dinner with my brother, SIL, and nice soon. I ended up heading back home after waiting in the sun for a while. Damn it all...

Dinner was an odd but fun venture. My brother was in fine form. My niece, not so much. She was moody after her field that day. I walked with her to the pharmacy to get something for her head, and mentioned I knew about her lying and cheating about homework (long story that I will explain later). I made sure I wasn't angry or mean, just wanted to know why. Pointed out the logic of her ill-formed story as to why she did what she did. That went odd, and suddenly things became too much. She spent the night and stayed away from me for the most part. I expected it, so I was prepared for the cold shoulder.

Soon, she and I will be having a "Come To Jesus" talk soon cause this manipulative shit has to stop. My niece, I love her to death, like she were my own, but she keeps playing with people to get what she wants. She's not even all that good at lying, but she's play out something to make it seem like she's an innocent little girl. She lies a hell of a lot. And it's only getting worse.

Saturday, I caught an early bus. Four buses all day, and I arrived in B-town after the driver got lost twice, lol. I almost ended up in Tehachapi. It was a hard ride. But I'm here now, chilling in my father's office as he finishes his work for the week. I'm not sure what the weekend holds, but I have a feeling it will be interesting. Everything involves wrong turns and misdirection.


© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692769-Crazy