*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691758-North-Hills-trek-on-a-windy-March-28th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#691758 added March 31, 2010 at 3:50pm
Restrictions: None
North Hills trek on a windy March 28th
North Hills to the power lines, across to the trail going north, south past the Hs, pass the radio tower, wending south:

Climbing slowly two joggers pass, their pale flesh blooming pink, a gift of a northern winter and Springtime's sun and wind.

No rain upon the plains, yet the beige-grey dust is slowly greening.

And lo! A rufous flying insect. A caterpillar tumbling.

I stoop to take a picture of the yellowbells.



I notice the shy biscuit root; the buds of balsam root; the fingers of lupines groping.

Pink rock (granite?) lies covered with grey-green lichen.

I pick furry sea-green yarrow; crushed, I inhale it’s minty breath.

Animal tracks and animal droppings: fresh brown balls and white-grey clumps.

Bitterroot leaves cluster, waiting; anemone too.

Small white-pink flowers nodding almost go unnoticed, except by me.

The wind.

The greening hills as seen from above.



The long walk facing the southern breeze, braving the wind to look at phlox.



On a windy day: so few dogs, so few people, and the downward slope of the path.

Missoula, Montana. 2010, March 28.
175

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/691758-North-Hills-trek-on-a-windy-March-28th