*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688998-514-words-28th-feb-2010
by Wybo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1580806
This is my daily writing book. The idea being to write at least 500 words a day. Come one!
#688998 added March 1, 2010 at 10:25am
Restrictions: None
514 words 28th feb 2010



Waiting at the bottom of the slope he could he seem them coming down, twelve of them he counted. He could tell that Grimshaw was at the front, no mistaking the way he walked. The cocky swagger that almost shouted out that he thought he was tough, he wanted a fight to prove it and he felt like that most of the time.


He didn’t want to test that out if he was on his own and he certainly had no intention of it with the other 11 thugs along for the ride.


He’d expected some sort of reaction but nothing this severe. In some ways he though that Grimshaw wouldn’t react like this, with such force because it would show that he’d got to him and that he didn’t feel like he could handle it on his own. It must be serious for him to take any risk to his tough guy image. Although, if they caught him he was sure the tales of what they did t him would more than make up for it.





That was the problem he faced now, how to avoid the possibly life threatening beating when he couldn’t get up, couldn’t move anything apart from his head and one side of his body. He knew it was the crone, the woman who’d given him the tea wasn’t who she seemed to be, he saw, just too late as he turned away, her disguise slipped a little and straw like hair and craggy features glimmered underneath the pretty mask she’d created.


He’d ran then as far and as fat as he could, trying to get to somewhere safe, home wasn’t safe, Jake’s would be better but was too far, so he went for the woods, hoping to get to the camp before whatever she’d given him took effect.





He almost made it too, looking away from the approaching Grimshaw he could see the edge of the woods 50 yards away from where he’d fallen. He stumbled at first as the effects of the potion started to numb his limbs but he’d managed to crawl a little further for a few minutes before he’d ended up where he was now, right in the middle of the path, easy prey, unable to even crawl in any direction and simply watching and waiting for them to fall on him.


He’d tried a few times to summon Jake but the drug must be weakening his ability because all he got was a head ache and the occasional hazy image, no real connection no communication. He hoped Jake would feel something and guess eh was in trouble but even if he did, he wouldn’t know where he was. He tried to project his location with a final push but it just sent a blinding pain through his head and he almost blacked out, so decided to give up on that.


He had a knife in his right hand, but although he could hold it he couldn’t move his arm or do anything with it other than show it to them when they arrived.











** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **





Steve Wybourn





** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2010 Wybo (UN: wybell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wybo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688998-514-words-28th-feb-2010