*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688225-Ive-decided-not-to-drive-myself-crazy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#688225 added February 21, 2010 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
I’ve decided not to drive myself crazy
Jamál (Beauty), 15 Mulk (Dominion), 166 BE – Sunday, February 21, 2010 about 2:41 PM Pacific Time

I've known for some time now that I have obsessive compulsive issues (at least I think I do). I haven't actually been to a psychologist and I'm not sure I'm going to one in the near future. Of course, maybe an obsessive-compulsive issue isn't the problem. Maybe I should see a psychologist because I may not know problem is.

Anyway getting back to the subject of this post, I've decided that I need to do two things. First, I need to stop beating my head against my computer monitor (figuratively) when I'm stuck on a writing issue. Instead, I'm going to get up and do housework, i.e. sweep the floor or scrub the toilet, while my subconscious mind works on the problem Second, I have no idea what I was going to write here because I just encountered another brain fart.

This is the third brain fart in three week and I'm beginning to worry about myself. The first one concerned the select button on the remote for the TV we have satellite. I forgot that the select button is also the OK button. The last week I forgot that I needed to dial #55 on my phone to pick up my messages. In both cases I had to call customer service to find out what I needed to do.

I'm going to stop driving myself crazy by changing my routine and doing housework between writing sessions. If that doesn't work, then at the end of March I'll just ask my doctor for a referral to a psychologist.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688225-Ive-decided-not-to-drive-myself-crazy