*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687955-Heat-Wave
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#687955 added February 19, 2010 at 7:05am
Restrictions: None
Heat Wave
((The Music))
Today I went back in time to the 60s and the girl groups that made them so popular. I was actually inspired by a music video by a Korean girl group named Wonder Girls. This had me searching my mp3 for my collection of "old ass" (as my guy likes to call it) to get into the synchronized moves and catchy melodies of the time. I love Motown. I love the premise behind the formation of musical groups back then. There was a simplicity that is lost in this day and age. Martha and the Vandellas are a perfect example of the musical image of this time.

((The Life))
There has been an unexpected heatwave here in Southern California. Though unexpected is probably a bad phrase. Here there are only extremely long periods of two seasons - winter and summer. It is as if spring and fall have other places to be when their time on stage arrives. They go other places where they're wanted. Here, you can only have the same type of weather for so long. Drives me batty.

So for all intents and purposes summer has arrived in November. But winter is making a come back. There's to be more rain and cold coming within the week. People on the news talk about it such a bad light I can't help but grimace. We're in a drought. We need the rain if for nothing else than to soak the plant life before fire season arrives in a few months. Plus, rain is my favorite type of weather. *Bigsmile*

The change in temperature has also made me catch up on the things I need to do. To actually sit down and write a list of all the things that need to be accomplished, only to feel the pressure build in the back of your head is probably not a good thing. My list is long. My time is short. I'm behind. Again. Blah.

The sad part about all of this is that my writing is nearly non-existent. I just don't have the time. However, I've decided to put an end to that. At least somewhat. There's a contest that I've been wanting to participate in for a while - "Invalid Item. It seems like a great way to keep the blood moving. Its been so damn long, its sad. I also entered "The Balance of Chaos Contest again. That was a real challenge, and I look forward to trying and pressuring myself there again.

After I post this I'm going to write for "Invalid Item then head to bed. Many things to do tomorrow including getting started on a secret project. Mwahahaha! If you for some strange reason want to check my progress for the challenge, click here: "That Certain Something

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687955-Heat-Wave