*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687832-The-Little-Things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#687832 added February 18, 2010 at 4:35am
Restrictions: None
The Little Things
((The Music))
Ah, the little things. This was the theme song for a movie called "Wanted". The film was brilliant for messing with the mind. The music was creative mastery of one Danny Elfman. I could go on and on about it (and I will below). It is always nice to have a tune to make you feel cool when you know that you are no where near being so. The final scene was also brilliant.

((The Life))
If you read the little blurb above, you have a clue as to what I will babble about today. It is the little things. Wars have been started over the little things. Solutions to some of the greatest discoveries and inventions have been made from the little things. Little things, in a sense, make this odd little world go 'round.

The little things bug the crap out of me. They keep me up at night. I will literally wake from a sound sleep if there's a little detail I forgot about out of place. And its not that I'm a detail type of person. Its just that I can't seem to get the small things to shut the hell up when needed. Picture "Serenity". I'm Jane worried about the grenades. The primary buffer panel is flying off into space, and I'm worried about bringing my grenades.

Today was a day of little things. Not all bad. Not all good. Some just were. I don't understand people at times. One of my "gifts" is understanding how people tick, however, there are times when I can only stand, stare, and drool as to what the hell people are thinking. I try to remember everything is a moment to moment process. And that the little things can drive you insane.

There is a possibility I said something that hurt/angered/disturbed someones close to me. Or they possibly fell asleep. But I can't be sure, and that bothers me a great deal. There are only so many things you can place into the big picture. I can't place this at the moment.

Today while flipping through channels I caught the last scene of "Wanted'. Excellent movie IMO, especially watching it the first time around. It is a mind fuck in its greatest form if you let your mind go that far. What makes the last scene truly something though was his last line. After relieving himself of all that had once caused him grief, old life and new, he kills the person who threw him head first into the deep end of life while staring into the camera, asking the audience "what the fuck have you done lately?".

Poignant, smart ass moment. I get that. I want to feel that because I can honestly say I don't know how to answer that question. What have I done lately? There are many degrees and many angles in which I feel I don't do enough. Dear God, there are many ways in which I amount to nothing. Not helpful. Not cheerful. Just that weird in the corner who know too much about nothing important.

Its all about the damn little things. I'm a freakin' song.


Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.

Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

And I'm through with the stories
And I'm sick to my shoes.
And the walking and the talking,
It's got nothing to do with
The final solution.
It's a box full of tricks.
And I'm through with repairs
When there's nothing to fix,
When there's nothing to fix,
When there's nothing to fix,
And it all comes down to you.

Let the headlines wait,
Armies hesitate.
I can deal with fate
But not the little things.

Armageddon may
Arrive anyday.
I can't get away
From the little things.

With a pile of cares
And a bucket of tears,
I could look at the sunlight
And I feel no fear.
With a mountain of maybes
And some Icarus wings,
And I'm armed with delusions
And one little thing,
And that one little thing,
And that one little thing,
And it all comes down to you.

Have you heard the news?
Bad things come in twos.
But I never knew
'Bout the little things.

Every single day
Things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
For the little things.

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687832-The-Little-Things