*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687578-Keep-The-Streets-Empty-For-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#687578 added February 16, 2010 at 2:46am
Restrictions: None
Keep The Streets Empty For Me
((The Music))
I heard this song on television somewhere. Stuck with me. It stuck with me so much that I wrote about it in my previous blog with the same title. There is something extremely haunting about it. The rhythm is like a synthetic heartbeat. Trips me every time. Inspired my NaNo as well. Fever Ray is the solo band if you are interested. Definitely worth a listen.

((The Life))
I survived.

Through a holiday season, two hockey games, four movies, a couple of meals out and endless television informericals. I survived the sour and enjoyed the sweet. My heart was swept away by my guy who keeps finding ways to make everything that seems horrible not bad at all. I smiled. I laughed. I contemplated. I nearly choked people at a movie theater. I poked. I held. I walked. I dreamed. And somehow, made it home virtually unscathed.

The weirdness of these trips is that I stay in the same hotel every time. Its a nice place close to my dad's house. This hotel and I have a strange relationship. I've been staying there for six years now. I was abandoned there when I was fifteen. Yet, I keep coming back.

I come so often now that the people know me. The luggage is the same. The time is usually the same. They see me coming from a mile away. If you ever see a movie called "Up In The Air", I'm George Clooney. An odd feeling indeed.

So the hotel and I are at an odd truce. The scent of the hallways takes me back to a bad time, but it quickly fades to the back of my mind. I remember that a lot has happened since that time before. Like I said before, I survived. I'm better for it, I think.

Then, there's the ride home.

Riding the Greyhound is always a harrowing experience. And, entertaining as well. There's usually someone who is slightly off. Possibly crazy. Possibly drunk. Since it was a holiday weekend a great deal of people were hungover. This makes great, silent passengers. Was even able to catch a couple of winks along the way. *Wink*

This was the first time I went riding backwards. I usually take the bus north and catch a ride south. This time I did the reverse. Wasn't bad at all. I've done this so often I now have everything down to a science. I know everything there is to know about loading, boarding, and searches. This creeps me out at odd moments.

The next possible trip is the weekend of the 28th. I'll keep you posted as the madness continues, lol.

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687578-Keep-The-Streets-Empty-For-Me