*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687100-Suavecito
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#687100 added February 10, 2010 at 9:07pm
Restrictions: None
Suavecito
((The Music))
This is one of my favorite songs to hear on a Sunday afternoon, the sun shining as you cruise down the street as you tap on the dashboard, practically dancing in the car when pausing for a stoplight. Consequently, I am currently in my bedroom on a Wednesday, but two out of three ain't bad. *Wink* Malo was an awesome band out of the Bay Area during the seventies, playing what is now referred to as "lowrider oldies" - a fusion of rock 'n roll, Latin beats, and classic R&B smooth tones. Although I wouldn't be alive for another decade and half, bands like Malo, Santana, El Chicano, War and Tierra was part of my musical education growing up. This music is where I go when I need feel mellow. Or get some groove in my blood.

((The Life))
Today is chore day. All the things that weren't done over the weekend, and need to get in ship-shape before my possible departure are in motion to get finished today. The dishes are nearly done. Trash is collected. The laundry is sorted for washing. The kitchen is in top shape. The small things that need refilling have been refilled. Dusting will get in there somewhere as well as some grocery shopping should there prove to be some time available. All in all, a good day.

There will also be some homework done in there somewhere. I need to get cracking on my text for my Anthro class. There's a paper due soon, and I need to know what the hell I am talking about, lol. This has been one of my favorites this year. The professor is cool, and soon to be retiring so I'm glad to catch the class before he leaves the college for good.

Of course, tempered with my reading is mathematics. Very nice and cool professor I have. Gave me some leeway on turning in my homework tomorrow, which is after the due date. Also made a "Hunt For The Red October" reference - automatic awesome in my book.

I decided to postpone my online work until March. The classes I had weren't mentioned well by other students, and within the first week I had great difficultly with both professors. Not a good sign. So I withdrew and enrolled in some the same classes but with different professors. With this shortened time period I'll be working under some pressure. Still, under pressure is on my best conditions. An the ultimate reward will be this summer and having my special someone close by.

With the fabulous help of Brae I was able to get Round 20 finished for "The Elementalist Contest. I plan on opening it back up for entries on Sunday. With all the great donors this past contest cycle, the contest raised about 30,000 gift points for Showering Acts of Joy. Thank you everyone. *Bigsmile*

Off to make dinner.

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/687100-Suavecito