*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686894-The-Light
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#686894 added February 9, 2010 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
The Light
((The Music))
I went back to an older album from Common (Like Water for Chocolate) as I'm adding new songs to my Mp3 players. I selected "The Light" because it is one of my favorite songs he's ever performed. There's a definite groove to the tune. You bop your head beat, you can't help it. There are a couple of versions of this song that I like. The samples were nicely placed. But mostly I enjoyed this song so much because it is basically a love letter, sweetly yet realistically describing a love for his girl of how he fell and how he has hope to keep on falling in love. In time for the season. *Smile*

((The Life))
Currently, I'm sporting a bit of a sore throat at the moment. A parting gift from the Munchkinette before she headed home the other day. I love my niece to death, but she's a little carrier monkey, lol. To help cut down on the pain I'm alternating between drinking lemon honey tea and some special tea with a Chinese herbal mushroom that cuts down on inflammation. It really works. Definitely not feeling the soreness as I was this morning.

It seems like everyone around me is sporting something ill. Mom is down with the sore throat as well. There's a stomach flu running around my father's house, and messing with everybody. Colds going on with my guy and his family. Its just that time of the season. Hopefully, thought, everything can calm down a bit.

Last night was a restless night for me. I ended up watching a few movies, some I had seen and one I hadn't. "The Ugly Truth" was like watching a reject version of "When Harry Met Sally". There were a couple of funny parts, but I definitely felt it was a waste of my time. Dear God, can we not make good romantic comedy anymore? It was slightly painful.

But the restless also led to some productiveness. I finished the judging for a contest I made months ago. In this respect I am such a lag ass. The whole stalling was my fault. I'm just happy I could get everyone the final results. All the campfires were great. Each were original. Each were entertaining. Made be remember why I love campfires so much. If you want to check out some good reads, check the results on the page: "Invalid Item.

Below is my favorite commercial from the Superbowl. I'm thinking about implementing this game the next time my older brothers and I take a road trip.
*Smirk*


© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686894-The-Light