*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686779-We-Are-The-Champions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#686779 added February 8, 2010 at 7:00am
Restrictions: None
We Are The Champions
((The Music))
It is cliche, but there is a reason it is cliche. Queen is the music to play when you get the big win. All across the board - hockey, baseball, golf (maybe not), and of course, football. You blast this on the radio with the windows open wide, singing along with such an off-key voice that dogs run away from the sound. This is the anthem of victory. This is the song that brings the magic of the moment. This is the ultimate rock power ballad! Bring on the Bic lighters!

((The Life))
The New Orleans Saints won!!!

That was a freakin' awesome game. Football is not necessarily my favorite sport. I'm more of an anti-fan of NFL teams than a fan. (Patriots and Cowboys - enough said). But I watch the Superbowl when the teams get good. The Saints are my team when it comes to goodness, and this was a great match-up. The Colts and Manning are forces to be wrecking with.

However, the Saints prevailed. The Mighty Saints. My team. *Bigsmile*

I admit it - I yelled at the television. When the moment is high, I'll yell at my chosen team and the players like I was their coach, and somehow they can miraculously hear me through the tube. This is something I inherited from my grandmother, lol. When the plays were good I screamed and threw up the hook 'em horns. When the plays were bad, I yelled until hoarse. Dear God, I'm one of those people.

The credit for this win goes to the wide spread of power throughout the team. Manning had way too much pressure on him to carry the Colts. The Saints had an equal spread of energy through the offensive and defensive lines. Brees made excellent calls, and had confidence in his team. Vilma was just brilliant.

Of course the best moment was the interception made by Porter. That was just freakin' beautiful. It was seamless. I nearly cried. That was the moment the game ended for the Colts, and the Saint were forever sealed in my heart.

It was a well fought battle on both sides. My grandmother even got into the game, which if you knew her, this information is a crazy thing to contemplate. Prim and proper, she was nearly breathless when I talked with on the phone afterward. My father and grandfather were not as impressed...they're Rams fans. The commercials weren't bad either.

Just to finish things - Who Dat?! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/686779-We-Are-The-Champions