*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685796-Lady-Grinning-Soul
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#685796 added February 2, 2010 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Lady Grinning Soul
((The Music))
For this new blog I've decided that each entry will be the name of a song I've listened to that day. Figure I'd step out of the norm for something a little more my style. The better idea is how long can I keep this up for. I think one might actually stick.

Here's a little musical history behind the song. "Lady Grinning Soul" was originally sung by David Bowie as the b-side to "Rebel, Rebel". While the first had a wonderfully trippy Bowie sound to it, I'm actually referencing the cover done by Lucia Micarelli off of her Music From A Farther Room album. Been listening to a lot of her stuff lately for a project I've been working (details out later). Both are great as both have entirely different approaches to the same song, giving them both a different type of energy.

((The Life))
Anyways, I was attacked by ants yesterday. My loathing has grown ten-fold. I can live harmoniously with most bugs but those damn ants. Screw the movies. They not only tried to eat my notes from my classes but also ate up two hours of my time last night trying to get rid of them. When the rains came somehow they felt it was open invitation to come inside to test my nerves. We're in the middle of negotiations. I will win, damn it.

To take my mind off certain things pending I'm teaching myself how to make random soups in a book I got at Barnes & Noble last week. My first try tonight is Moroccan Harira, which involves lots of tomatoes and lentils. Although this is my first time, I think I've got this one in the bag. Soups and stews are the only things in the kitchen I don't seem to screw up the first time around. Other things, while I'm much better, took a few times to master. I'm just a soup person.

Going to a hockey game next week with my mom. Ducks vs. Red Wings. This game is starting to become a tradition between the two of us. Of course, if things remain the same, we'll be sitting in the section dominated by Red Wings fans, all former Michigan residents, who will refuse to speak to me because I am a Ducks fan. Seriously. People take the game to heart. There could be blood.

To finish off this collection of random thoughts - the muscles in my shoulders are giving me some grief. As a way to deal with stress my doctor suggested Tai Chi Chuan. The class is awesome but the days after are a bit of a pain. I ache in muscles I didn't even know I possessed. It rotates however each week. Last week it was my outer thigh muscles. Week before that was my inner thigh and calf muscles. The pain, however, reminds that I've done something constructive with my body and am channeling a release of my stress. This could get really interesting.

This seems a good place to close things off. I'm still trying to get back in the groove of writing blog entries again. There should be some cohesiveness to entries. There is none here, lol. Will get better. Promise.

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685796-Lady-Grinning-Soul