*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684518-Its-Raining-again-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#684518 added January 20, 2010 at 9:52pm
Restrictions: None
It’s Raining again in Las Vegas
Istijlál (Majesty), 3 Sultán (Sovereignty), 166 BE – Wednesday, January 20, 2010 about 6:39 PM Pacific Time

It's raining again. It's a cold winter rain which reminds you of snow when it hits your face or your hands. I started to take some trash and newspapers to the garage, but decided I would wait until morning. I didn't like the idea of getting my feet wet. There is a puddle of water between the house and the garage door that I have to walk through to get to the garage.

I'll have to take the trash out in the morning, of course, but the puddle is smaller when it isn't raining. I only have three pairs of shoes. I have two pairs of Crocks my brother sent me and a pair of flats I bought at Penny's. I don't mind getting the Crocs wet, but I do mind getting my feet and socks wet.

It's amazing how we change as we get older and wiser. When I was a child I enjoyed walking home from school in the rain. On the way home I would make a point of stepping in every puddle along the way. Mom and Grandma weren't happy about it because when I got home they would run me a hot bath, make me hot chocolate and set me in front of the stove to warm up.

Now, at 63, I try to avoid puddle. I will go out of my way not to walk in a puddle. Amazing how we change as we mature. Getting back to the trash, I'll set it all where I can get to it easily in the morning to take it out to the garage. Since rain is predicted for tomorrow, I'll make sure I take tomorrow's trash out before it starts raining and feeding the puddle between the house and the garage.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684518-Its-Raining-again-in-Las-Vegas