*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683799-FL-7-Day-Blogging-Challenge-Day-6
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#683799 added January 14, 2010 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
FL 7-Day Blogging Challenge Day 6
Prompt for January 14: A favorite family recipe. Maybe something you fix special for your family. A description of its sumptuousness and the recipe. Chosen from contestant suggestions.


Deciding on my favorite family recipe is difficult because I like food. I like any kind of food and if I taste a dish I don’t like the first time then I believes it’s an acquired taste, which I attempt to acquire.

I am a creative cook; therefore, I experiment with recipes. I experiment with both family recipes and those I find in magazines or on websites. Also, I don’t cook with wine or any type of alcoholic beverage, but I like the recipes that contain those liquids; so I experiment with those.

One of my favorite recipes is Spanish rice, which my Grandmother made when I was a child. When Grandma made the recipe, she used either tomato sauce or tomato paste. I don’t use either when I make Spanish rice.

When I make Spanish rice I use Salsa or Picanti Sauce, sometime I even use Jalapenos. The last time I made this recipe I used a package of Taco seasoning for the rice. I first cooked the rice with the Taco seasoning and then after I cooked the rice, I fried the ground beef. After the ground beef was cooked, I mixed the ground beef, rice and a bottle of Salsa Verdi.

The great thing about Spanish rice is that you don’t have to use ground beef. You can also use ground turkey or chicken. If you don’t eat meat, then you just use the Taco seasoning and the Salsa. Spanish rice makes a good main course or a good side dish depending on what you are serving and the way you make the Spanish rice.

© Copyright 2010 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683799-FL-7-Day-Blogging-Challenge-Day-6