*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683034-Decisions
Rated: 18+ · Book · None · #488496
Only rule you must follow if you know me: You can't get mad at me for what I write.
#683034 added January 9, 2010 at 1:50am
Restrictions: None
Decisions
I wrote a letter today. An apology letter. I do mean everything I said in it. It took some tricky wording to make me believe it, but I do. The thing is, what I'm apologizing for is something I don't find myself at fault for. I was in a situation that any red-blooded straight male would see as an ideal opportunity and went in gun-hoe without any feeling of guilt, or regret. Apparently one member of the situation didn't think so. And that's who this letter goes to.

I heard from someone once that when dealing with the opposite sex, you can either be right...or you can be happy. I strive to be right. There is in no sane logical way I could have foreseen how this girl feels about me right now due to the above mentioned situation. So, I'm in the right and she is wrong...but that's the problem. I've been riding on this Right Train for 24 years now. It sucks being wrong, but sometimes it downright blows being right and sticking to it. So, I'm slowly becoming aware of the fact that I don't want to be right anymore. I'd rather be happy. If you say there's 5 planets in the solar system, I say, "Really? I had no idea."

I think Chris Rock put it best: Every day you got to wake up and look in the mirror and say, "Dude, fuck you. Fuck you, fuck your life, fuck your hopes and dreams, fuck everything that you thought was yours. It's not about you at all. So let's go out there and make this bitch happy!"

I feel a bit better about my letter now.

© Copyright 2010 MajikRobot (UN: majikrobot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MajikRobot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683034-Decisions