*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681518-Prompt-7-December-29-2009
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#681518 added December 29, 2009 at 10:47pm
Restrictions: None
Prompt #7: December 29, 2009
My response to the seventh prompt in the Frontliners 12 Day of blogging contest, which is to Your take on saving money on staples/ rising prices (etc.)


My grandparents knew how to save money. Every week Grandma would go through the paper, check the prices at the stores, and clip coupons on the items she needed. Then Grandpa would take her to each store and, with list in hand, they would buy groceries.

There weren’t over two large grocery stores where they lived, but Grandma and Grandpa would go to each one. They would buy the sale and coupon items first. Then they would get the stuff that wasn’t on sale. Grandma usually knew which store had the less expensive none sale items.

Today prices are higher, but we have more stores to choose between because there are more stores we have more options. There is also the option of buying in bulk. The only way to save money is to shop around and compare prices.

Go through the ads in the paper, clip the coupons and then pick the stores that are closest to you. Which stores you go to depend on whether you are taking mass transit or driving a car. Also don’t let yourself run low on things like toilet paper or paper towels because if you do you will make a quick trip to the store for that item and come home with other things as well.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/681518-Prompt-7-December-29-2009