*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680526-The-mammogram-results
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#680526 added December 20, 2009 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
The mammogram results
Jamál (Beauty), 9 Masá’il (Questions), 166 BE – Sunday, December 20, 2009 about 1:29 PM Pacific Time

According to the information I received yesterday, the mammogram and ultrasound of my left breast appear to be normal. I talked to my doctor Tuesday, she received the results before I did, and she wants me to see the breast specialist in January. I'll see the specialist then. I'll find out if that doctor wants a biopsy. In the mean time, I'm just going on with my life as if everything that's happening is normal.

At this point in my life, I'm not sure what normal is. All though, I strongly suspect that it has no resemblance to what's going on in my life. I liked the letter from the diagnostics center because first they assure me that appearances are normal and suggest I have nothing to worry about. Later in the letter they suggest I might have something to worry about because many breast cancers do not produce symptoms (something I already knew).

As I said, I'm going to go on as if everything in my life is normal or as close to normal as my life gets. I'll place everything in God's hand and listen to a song that always makes me smile: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680526-The-mammogram-results