*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680149-I-called-the-Alzheimers-Association
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#680149 added December 16, 2009 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
I called the Alzheimer's Association
Istijlál (Majesty), 6 Masá’il (Questions), 166 BE – Wednesday, December 16, 2009 about 7:44 PM Pacific Time

I called the Alzheimer's Association either Monday or Tuesday. It was a particularly difficult day. Mornings are more difficult then afternoons. Anyway, I called the Las Vegas chapter of the Alzheimer's Association and I received the packet of information today.

I still haven't opened it because I didn't want to open it with Mom in the room. There is no use answering questions when I'm sure the answers will only make her angry. She gets angry so easily any more, over silly stuff. She gets upset because she thinks people don't like her, which I suspect is something she's dealt with all her life. It's just that now it seems worse to her.

I have to see what resources are available. I know, or suspect I know, what is eventually going to happen. I know the decision I'm going to have to make. I can ask my brothers and sister for input, but the decision will fall on my shoulders.

I want Mom to stay in the house as long as she can, but I'm sure the time will come when I have to find some place that can care for her better then myself. I'm going to end this entry now because I'm on the verge of tears. I think I'll go make me some hot tea, get my prayer book, my journal, and then open the packet.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/680149-I-called-the-Alzheimers-Association