*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678092-New-Years-Eve
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#678092 added November 29, 2009 at 9:40pm
Restrictions: None
New Year's Eve
I know it's a whole month away, but I just had to share the good news!

No, I didn't save money on my car insurance by switching to anyone; no, I didn't find Jesus (how come they keep losing their deity, anyway, huh?)

Remember back in "Tickets! how I was all psyched about seeing Gogol Bordello in Richmond (about an hour from me)?

I never did talk about it here, but that concert was absolutely amazing. Those bastards have enough energy to power the Large Hadron Collider. It must be due to all the radiation from Chernobyl, I'm guessing. The place was general admission, and it wasn't sold out, so it wasn't extraordinarily crowded. And the audience was diverse: young, older, somewhere in the middle like me; punks, norms, goths, hippies... a little bit of everyone, and they were all getting into it. My friend who went with us said he was talking to some people who came down from New York City. I was like, "New York City?" He was like "Get a rope." But then he said that they said that the band wasn't doing any shows in NYC this tour, which was weird, because they're, well, they're FROM New York City.

So anyway, it was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Not quite the level of awesome as the Leonard Cohen show in NYC back in February, which of course had an entirely different feel to it (and I've been a Cohen fan since I found his poems 'way back in the '70s); and not quite as amazing as a Springsteen show (any Springsteen show), but still... awesome.

So imagine my surprise when I found out that Gogol Bordello was doing a New Year's Eve show.

In MY TOWN.

I just acquired tickets.

This is going to be the Best New Year's Eve Ever.

To celebrate, here's another of their videos:



DEBAUCHERY!!!!

© Copyright 2009 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/678092-New-Years-Eve