*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669461-Pure-Awesomeness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#669461 added September 27, 2009 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
Pure Awesomeness!
My response to "Invalid Entry by Ghostranch for Tuesday, September 22, 2009 leading entry for "Follow the Leader.

I've encountered several purely awesome cats in my life. The firs was a black and white tom we called Mittens. My parents brought him into the house and the four of us named him. The intriguing thing about this was that, most of the time, my siblings and I couldn't agree on anything. However, we call agreed that Mittens was the best name for this cat. He was black with four white paws and a white spot over his vocal cords.

I don't think there was ever a picture of Mittens, at least I've never been able to find one. It was sometime in the 1950s that Mittens came into my life. Officially, he belonged to all of us; in reality he belonged to whomever he decided to associate with on a specific day. When Mitten decided I belonged to him, he would sleep at the foot of my bed. Perhaps that's why I'm partial to cats that want to sleep at my feet.

The next purely awesome cat I encountered belonged to my Grandmother. She brought Jay home from the Lake, his original owner didn't want that particular Siamese. My Grandmother took Jay in and brought him home. When he slept outside, he slept in the hen house. He had a chickens nest all to himself. He didn't steal eggs and he kept the neighbor cats from stealing the eggs. He also play chase with one of the neighbor's dog, the same dog that would kill another neighbor's cats (that is a completely different story). Jay shared the house with my Grandmother's parakeet (I wrote about Jay and Pete in my last Fantasy newsletter).

I haven't found pictures of either cat, so I'm not sure we ever had pictures of them. It's also possible that the photos were lost in the intervening years and moves. Anyway, those were the first two purely awesome cats in my life. Since then I've encounter others who purred their way into my heart and memory.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669461-Pure-Awesomeness