*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668065-Songs-of-the-precariously-employed
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#668065 added September 17, 2009 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Songs of the precariously employed
"I stood there like a mountain, resolute that nothing could ever move me. I shrugged off the taunts, did not care if I were considered stubborn." KE

Tennessee Williams stated that: "The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks." I need to include that in a poem (a nice alexandrine...). In a game of paper-scissors-rock, the violets reduce the rock to soil... in time.

"But, you decided to give me a hug, wear down each layer with the water of love."

Today, Mary Travis (1936-2009) of Peter, Paul and Mary died. This clip is from 1966:



Songs of the precariously employed

1

Cut in pay,
lost a day.
Gimme a guiding river task
and I'll get all wet for cash.

2

High on sweet-grass growing in a prairie pasture;
I'll sing like a meadowlark as long as it lasts.

3.

How you'll cook your supper without a floor,
I do not know.

How I'll pay the bills surfing as a heli-guide,
I do not know.

© Kåre Enga [166.199 b,c,d] 2009-09-09

Based on comments in the newspaper when asked about job security: 1. Mark Dota (post office), 2. Scott Laird (land conservancy), 3. Paul Bird (flooring).

Watt's Gnus:

This is an interesting 'sermon' using Tennessee Williams quote "The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks." to make the point that change has come to how we define relationships. That the magazine is out of Clark Fork, Idaho (think Sand Point, think Palin) I find amusing.

http://riverjournal.com/vivvo/rjrecommends/rjrecommends_herestoviolets_062009.ht...

ME?

Breathe in, breathe out. It's a matter of me making lists and just doing what I can. It has been suggested that I visit the pawn shops to get a camera. Not my first choice, but I can walk to a pawn shop instead of getting a ride to Walmart. So I went to one. Only two cameras and both over $100.

Had a nice talk with Akhilesh last night. He mentioned the Society Islands (think Tahiti). He was also wearing orange as usual and, of course, I noticed his celtic-knot Om designs earlier yesterday as well. Guess I'll just have to weave him a poem. *Smirk* His birthday is Monday the 21st.

I'm downloading more Costa Rica pics. Made a copy of my journal pages from last visit... take the copies, leave the journal at home?

Anyone want a postcard from Costa Rica? They don't cost much (stamps are ₡135 = less than 25¢), but I will need your address. Email it to me. *Smile* I so lose addresses... so don't assume I already have it (...or know where I wrote it down).



Travel:

I mention to Catherine that Costa Rica is not noted for art. There are exceptions and the above picture, showing the entry to the rooms at Montaña Linda is a cheerful one.

Montana: 75° and pleasant *Star* in Missoula at 9 p.m. after a record high of 91°.
17,835

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668065-Songs-of-the-precariously-employed