*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667725-This-is-how-we-advance
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#667725 added September 14, 2009 at 4:42pm
Restrictions: None
This is how we advance
"It is the season of the spiny buckeye balls, dangling from boughs like Steve's testicles, that new necklace he gave to Eve, like puff-fish swimming at 3,000 feet in the calm September breeze." KE

I was walking through the park along the river by the Holiday Inn and noted the ripening horse-chestnuts in their green spiny casings. Soon they will litter the lawn. Some locust leaflets are yellowing, but locust loses its leaves early. When I come back in early October will autumn have come and be gone? I hope not. This is one of my favorite times of year.

"And I'm the foolish one to plan a trip and leave."

Enough of my silliness! Go read "Invalid Entry in blog of Quill o' the Owl . It truly made me smile. After reading so much nonsense about the present culture wars, it is nice to see how it can all be resolved by a 4 year old and his mother. *Heart*

Really... go read it before coming back here. En serio. It's short; it's cute; a guaranteed smile. Leave a smiling comment too! Then... if you have time... come back here. Go Now!


This is how we advance

         for the girl at The Break Espresso

Sitting under a coconut palm,
she reigns upon her island,
azure ringed beneath an azure sky
and swings in royal hammocks
among pink frangipani petals,
counts not the hours that pass her by.

Sipping over her coconut latté,
her great-grand-daughter
sports a blouse of royal purple,
pink feathers streaked across her hair,
her laptop open, eyes now focused
she studies whatever before her appears
and barely notes the lateness of the hour,
each precious hour that passes by.

© Kåre Enga [166.202] 2009-09-12

Saturday evening, a young woman (should've got her name) came in and ordered a coconut latté. She was wearing purple and had pink streaked in her hair. Too good an image to pass over IMHO.

Watt's Gnus and a quick O Pinion:

Same-sex marriage is supported by large majorities in British Columbia and Ontario, but not in Saskatchewan where civil-servants are asking for religious exemptions. I guess it sounds good...

...but may I state that I inspected bars for years even though I don't drink alcohol for religious as well as personal reasons. Could I have insisted that I not do so without losing my job? *Shock* I didn't think so... Civil Servants are hired (and paid) to be 1. servants and 2. civil. Not being nice to your customers (your fellow citizens and neighbors) is neither.

ME?

If I accomplish something, some-one-tiny-tiny-thing every day, I'll be okay.

Lavinia will look after my plants when I'm gone. When I come back we'll have a serious talk about how I can record my poetry as MP3 files. (or whatever's clever) I'll be partially packed by the end of today.

I'm looking forward to a calm, slow non-exciting week. Next Monday, I should be in San Marcos, or San Pablo, or San Juan Sur (o Norte), or Santa Elana or Santa María or another one of those sainted towns that hug the mountains south of San José.

Writing

Oh... Am I supposed to be writing? *Pthb*

Randy Newman's "I think it's going to rain today" (if it properly embeds...)



Blogville

I checked my stats, but the recent 12k views to my old blog were listed as "unknown" source. Ah... well... I mentioned to Z today that he should do an embedded poll. Polls are one of the "sexiest" tools on site. They garner the most views by far. *Wink*

Montana: 69° and pleasant in Missoula at 1 p.m.
17,761

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667725-This-is-how-we-advance