*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666653-Thought-it-was-about-time-why-do-I-wait
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#666653 added September 6, 2009 at 3:13pm
Restrictions: None
Thought it was about time... why do I wait?
Actually, time flies most of the time... or so it seems when whims and fancies take control. Most of the time, when I have a clear need to say something or a firm set of daily schedules, I seem to write well. It is when I find myself pulled and tugged hither and yon with "little" necessities that I find myself losing time and words. It is like... well, why bother?

I bother, even after long periods of inactivity, because I have realized that when I get in the habit of putting things down on paper (ok, electrically digitized in keyboarded form) my thinking seems clearer. One time I heard it put best (and I am sorry to say I have forgotten where I heard this) "when you can write, you can express what you want and need, clearly. And, when you can state what you want and need clearly, you give other people the chance to either help or move out of the way (ok, sometimes they give you a fit of static and that is where persistence pays out dividends). Someone is more likely to get what they want when they can clearly communicate what they need." So, I keep trying to find ways to put words on "paper" in some sort of coherent order... and when I do that... it does help.

Also, I live in Decatur, GA... and, this weekend brought 100s of authors and tens of thousands of readers into downtown. I got to volunteer for some events on Saturday afternoon and met some fabulous people (writers and readers). Ironically, I came home with more music than books... some artists are multi-talented and their music appealed more to me than their words (some choices are like that). Anyway, the book is alive and well judging by the turnout... and now, here I am out of my time I have scheduled. Later, eh?

© Copyright 2009 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666653-Thought-it-was-about-time-why-do-I-wait