*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665984-Fender-Bender
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#665984 added September 3, 2009 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Fender Bender
I was in a bit of a fender bender today.

No damage physically to me or my mother. The back of Many Miles (my family's battle-scarred warrior Ford Escort) out a bit of ding, making the trunk hard to open. It goes along with many other smaller incidents that have happened over the past twelve years. That car is a trooper.

Mentally - there's a bit of a dark cloud overhead. It was one of those accidents where, when it happened, there was nothing anyone could do but let it happen. The driver behind us took all the blame and the transaction of exchanging information was easy, no hassle. Still, the mind has a hard time letting go even if the incident is small.

All in all, this should be an easy enough accident to get over. My guy was a bit worried, which made me feel a little bad. The distance between makes reassurances of a physical nature difficult. And he has a hard time believing I'm fine when I tend to underplay any type of injury. What can I say - I'm a bit of a dork.

My main worry is for my mom who was driving at the time. She saw the crash coming before I did. Shock set in soon after. Its going to take her a while to let go of this, although I keep reassuring her that she has the reflexes of a cat. The accident could have been a lot worse had she not been on her game. But, true to form, my mom saved the day. *Bigsmile*

Its funny though. These things you can never really anticipate, but when it doe finally happen, your mind scrambles. Or maybe, that's just me.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665984-Fender-Bender