*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664750-August-tornado-old-Kansas-poem--
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#664750 added August 22, 2009 at 7:05pm
Restrictions: None
August tornado ...old Kansas poem :-)
"Love is like the tide, sometimes high enough to immerse us fully, sometimes so low we stand naked and alone..." Carolina Blue

August tornado

Swept away by hail,
all gone, except the bitterness
we refuse to release to God.

Odd clouds respond with glee;
lights dance to a deep voiced bass,
pounding thunder makes hearts beat
with the fear that what we know will end,
in a gust of wind.

Sirens scrape the nerves. On edge,
the sultry air reminds us all was ocean once,
before the land rose up
to meet the lowering sky.

© Kåre Enga [161.487.LOS.KS] 2004-08-23

Written in August in Kansas 5 years ago tomorrow! Published in The Lawrencian in an earlier form "August tornado. Re-edited 2009-08-21

ME?

Okay, so I fried cod in olive oil by dipping it in egg and olive-oily focaccia crumbs. Grating the crumbs was the fun part. The cod was on sale and I had one last egg and I save stale bread to make crumbs. It was very good. *Smile*

It was very hot Friday... 94 degrees. I stayed in my place in front of the fan.

Today I bought an orange tomato, had my Minnesota-Orange notepad in my green shirt pocket, had my duck-hunter orange cap on. Got comments from more than a couple! Charles was cruel though. He wondered if me and Aki were cousins (he was dressed completely in prison-camp-orange)

Manipulative me? My sister might go to the celebration of life for Colin Speta tomorrow. Depends on the car brakes. I mentioned she should take mom; mentioned to mom that she should go; mentioned to both that Ryan and his fiancé from North Carolina will be there (no one from our family will be able to make the wedding). I do what I can. *Rolleyes* Also called Little Betty, and Sandy (from Virginia; she had lung surgery this year) answered; Barbara (from Mississippi) is also in town... but they won't get to the event tomorrow; so... I called mom back and asked her to do me a favor... call Little Betty as soon as I hung up to catch the three sisters while they were together and available. My mother is 87. Do I need to draw this picture?

I feel exhausted, but hope everyone is able to connect. If not... it is their loss and not my burden. I do what I can. I already talked to cousin Carol and her son Ryan today, Little Betty and Sandy, my sister and my mother twice...

Writing

I mentioned to zwisis that she has an opportunity to show us Ramazan (Ramadan) in Turkey through the senses: sight, sound, smell, touch and taste. Each holy season has certain customs and as an outsider from Zimbabwe she could bring us a unique perspective.

Her blog entry: "Invalid Entry already does much of this.

Blogville

As a premie my blogs can now have 1,450 entries? Does this mean I need to write more? 365 x 4 + leap day = 1461. So figure 4 years of daily entries... *Shock* That's a lot of writing! En serio, it does help me organize over 5,000 'poetic sketches' from the last 7 years. Space for books doubled from 2,048 to 4,096k as well, which means I don't have to trim my old blog L'aura del campo. Should still make a back-up copy of it though... (export portfolio?)

Montana: 84° at 3 p.m. in Missoula.

17,200

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664750-August-tornado-old-Kansas-poem--