*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661570-Split-Decision
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#661570 added July 31, 2009 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
Split Decision
I got it in my head about two, three weeks ago that I was going to write a YA novel. Having made up my mind that I was going to dedicate my time solely to this pursuit, my mind opened up and said, "Okay, here are some ideas to work with."

And, by some, I mean dozens.

Currently, I'm working on about three solid ideas for YA novels and one adult novel I've been tooling with for the past couple of months. I know what you're thinking because I'm thinking it too. For some reason my mind doesn't like it when I focus on one thing. It would rather I be driven insane with multiple idea offspring until I'm lathering at the mouth.

A couple of years ago I found out that my thought process is one of something called a Scanner. It was nice to find out that I wasn't the only one who had these crazy ideas that floats in and out of my consciousness. One of the things that Scanners are suppose to do to help them focus was to write down the new idea for later and continue focusing on the single notion.

I have yet to master that skill.

My biggest issue is finding the underlining theme of each story. Each as an element of magic, which is obvious as that's my main focus of my writing. However, each deals with issues that I never found when I was reading as a kid. I need to find the heart before I can concentrate on the outward appearances.

And yet, I have these ideas flowing through me a mile a minute. To be frank, its freaking tiring. I'm surprised more writers haven't gone stock-raving mad.

Thus - split decisions.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661570-Split-Decision