*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656546-Eating-emu-with-shrooms
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#656546 added June 27, 2009 at 9:36pm
Restrictions: None
Eating emu with 'shrooms.
*Flower2* Sautéed emu and morels in olive oil and butter for supper. The emu meat is local; I found it at the Clark Fork Market. It's a purple-red color but turns a boring brown when cooked up. Taste? Like emu... *Rolleyes*

The morels are blond (riverbottom cottonwoods) or brown (mountain burnt over areas) mushrooms. I sliced them and sautéed they turned the same color as the emu.

I didn't share. It was good. I don't have any left... except for that plastic bag in the fridge and that paper bag on my table... But... I'd have to deny I ever knew you and thought that you were a burglar breaking in.

Emu was $3.50/pound; morels $14/pound.

*Flower2* Got a copy of "Joseph's Coat" to Lavender Lori. I really wanted her to have one. She sells lavender (duh) at market. Bought an eggroll, got a two-shot blackberry latté at the Loose Caboose; talked to the cheese guy... about cheddar. I had a good time!

*Flower2* Bought a hidden belt (beige) to wear inside my pants/shirt to carry my passport, extra money, charge card, et cetera. Traded umbrellas with Myrt (so I now have a small, black lightweight one that costs a dollar). Slowly, I get things checked off my list.

*Flower2* Last night there was a baseball game and an old car extravaganza complete with Higgins being 'dragged' like in the old days. Saw a white '58 two-door Chevy Impala and a Karmann-Ghia that impressed me. There were better cars in Kansas (like bullet nosed Studebakers), but the Montana crowd didn't know that. Lots of folks out there, some acting stupid. After the show, it got noisier and more obnoxious, so I wended my way home at 11.

*Flower2* I have a new title to write to for another of my veggie vamp series Blood of the Garlic. Since some of the LDVs merely find other ways to satisfy their medicinal needs by hunting in the alleyways or working in a mortuary, I need to write a short story called "Blood Lite"; maybe from Meadowlark's brother's point-of-view as he is not a developed character yet.

Montana: A sunny pleasant 80° at 6 p.m. in Missoula.
Costa Rica: Drizzle and 72° at 6 p.m. in San José.
15,771

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656546-Eating-emu-with-shrooms