*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655187-Below-the-hill
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#655187 added June 18, 2009 at 7:09pm
Restrictions: None
Below the hill
Below the hill

There's a hill that overlooks this town.
A hill that overlooks her grief.
She cannot calm her disbelief.
She cannot climb it.

She dreams these scenes in sepia,
those old forbidden fears.
She cannot hide her heart or eyes.
that seethe and seep with tears.

Above her town there blooms this hill.
Above her looms this hill.
Below she wallows in her grief,
shadowed by it still.

© Kåre Enga [163.89] 2006-05-02

Now it's own r/r item: "Below the hill

Found this in an old old entry "Chartreuse thoughts on my mother's birthday. in my old blog (which I started on June 20, 2005 and is still being read after 4 years!). I had three comments by Chalaedra, Sarah and Scarlett for that entry. *Delight* The above is a slight revision.

Need to make time to enter and edit. And even read old poems to see what can be salvaged!

I bought valerian root to help with sleeping. Advice: double, triple bag it. It has an overwhelming smell of dirty socks! But I need to do something about my nightmares. Tor once visited a sleep specialist; I may have to too. Trauma, PTSD and other mental issues can be linked with lack of deep restful sleep. Which leads to the other is debatable, but they work against the body's need to replenish itself.

I still need to promote these until they have 10 r/r:

"Snow Dragon
"At the homeless encampment
"Remains of a juvenile delinquent
"Joseph's Coat

94° in Kansas today; bit of a heat wave. It has been rainy, cloudy, cool and even sunny here, but no real heat. Very livable season and perfect for visiting Missoula. I would be remiss if I do not disabuse you of the impression that I don't want to be here at this time of year; but, my tickets are bought and I need to go now and check out the possibility of returning to Costa Rica for a month come winter.

Montana: A pleasant 72° at 4 p.m. Some clouds in Missoula.
Costa Rica: A cloudy 72° at 4 p.m. in San José. No rain today.
15,569

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655187-Below-the-hill