*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653016-I-hate-that-guy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1562055
A Saskatchewan take on cooking at its best!
#653016 added June 3, 2009 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
I hate "that guy."
So I was working at a little restaurant and pub by the U-of-S here in Saskatoon. Every place has that guy, you know that guy… the one you just want to smack every time he opens his mouth and everything about him just irritates the hell out of you. Well this guy was probably one of the most annoying people I have ever met in my entire life even up until now. His whole presence was just so unbelievable I was absolutely shocked that he hadn’t been violently murdered previously. He lacked everything that makes a person a person let alone a cook a good cook. No composure, no decency, no aspect of importance or acceptable realism. He was a total douche and he wasn’t the brightest guy around either, this is one moment when his favor evaporated from my opinions and credibility, forever.
         This pub sold a ridiculous amount of wings and nachos every day consistently. The sheer bulk of the prep that was maintained casually was very impressive for me being newly exposed to such a need.
         One day I was frying wings in one of the two deep fryers and I had over 100 pounds to bread or dredge and fry, followed by cooling, portioning and finally freezing. When constantly stressing your oil in a deep fryer with something along the lines of  a breaded product like the wings the oil slowly builds up a foam like substance on the top of the oil and if not careful this foam will drip over the sides and make a mess. So as I was discussing with the other cooks about the foam over my deep fryer one of them (that guy) stated that he had just the thing that would solve my problem.
         As he left the line I continued to pursue my task and cook the trickling orders as well, in between loads of mucky wing. I was bent over scooping from the bottom of the chicken tub as “that guy” came trucking by and dumps a full service pitcher of ice into my smoking, foaming, stressed out 375° oil… Seriously!
         I’m not completely proud of the words I used to describe his action in the heat of the moment but I freaked out. I was absolutely dumbfounded that a person never mind a cook could actually conceive this plan and execute it believing in its soundness.
         He stood there and said “watch, it will calm right down… watch!
         My retort was along the lines of “You fucking idiot, did you really just do that? Are you completely fucking retarded? I am not cleaning that up you dumb ass.” As I walked off line still yelling the fryer began to erupt and over flowed so much that it tainted the fryer next to it and over flowed that one as well.

         I was so mad at this guy and it took a long time to be able to laugh about it but now every time I do think about him I can’t help to laugh at his misfortune and at how ridiculously stupid this guy really was. What a fucking jerk.

© Copyright 2009 James Write's (UN: jamesrkyle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James Write's has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653016-I-hate-that-guy