*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651337-Prompt-4
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1561660
contest entry 7 prompts
#651337 added May 24, 2009 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Prompt 4
Morning came and as the sun rose I was awakened by the constant poking of Xyiss' index finger in my chest. "Grale, Grale.........I'm hungry."
I was surprised to hear him say he was hungry knowing all we could get was human food. I could think of only one place we could go that was nearby where we could get something to eat. That was the little diner we had visited the previous day.
"Come on Xyiss, Go back to sleep. I'm HALF awake and more alseep than awake."
Xyiss frowned at me with discontent.
"Either we eat now or I won't stop poking you."
Xyiss had presented an ultimatum I couldn't easily ignor, Mostly because he wouldn't let me. I grogily stood to my feet and picked up my bag.
"You don't even like human food, Xyiss."
Xyiss jumped eargerly from his seat and picked up his bag.
"That's not entirely true, I, as well as you, do like one particular human indulgence."
Xyiss and I looked at each other with a knowing smile then we headed back towards the MIDDLE of town to once again visit the small diner.
It was about 10 a.m. when we entered the diner, I was eager to see if maybe there was any chance that Eulariea had been called in to help becauseof a busy day but there were hardly any people in the diner at all. I was disheartened in knowing I couldn't ask her any of the many questions I had for her.
Xyiss and I sat down at a table, the waitress who waited on us was of MEDIUM height, had brown hair and a friendly smile. Xyiss and I ordered our food and to my surprise Xyiss ordered his with a smile of joy.
"Okay, I know that they are good but your starting to scare me...I think your addicted."
I joked with Xyiss. He crossed his arms and cocked his head to the side as our food arrived at the table.
"Then you won't mind if I eat yours."
I quickly grabbed my plate away from Xyiss' reach.
"Now let's not get crazy."
We both laughed, It had been a while since we had STRAWBERRIES but it was something we always looked forward to.
Our mother use to bring us strawberries back from the human realm when we were kids, at first we didn't like them but soon we had aquired a taste for them, and now we simply can't resist them.
© Copyright 2009 Lady Blackheart (UN: ladyblackheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Blackheart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651337-Prompt-4