*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651096-Just-a-bunch-of-stuff
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#651096 added May 22, 2009 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
Just a bunch of stuff
Today is the last day of school, both where I work and where my kids go to school. When I got to work, the Pre-K teacher was walking down the hall singing “It’s the moooosssst wooonnnnderful time of the year.” *Laugh*

This morning, Anna Claire said “I have to bring myself to school this morning.” I know how Anna Claire thinks, so I said, “You mean you have to bring JUST yourself and leave your bookbag at home?” She nodded her head. I said “Don’t you bring yourself to school every day?” I should have known better than to try to use logic with Anna Claire – she just got a look in her eyes like “Mama has finally lost it.”

Do you want to hear something I did? I used my husband’s comb on the dogs, then washed it and put it back in place without telling him. *Smirk*

In my library at work, we sent out letters to each child who had an overdue book. One lady called up to the school and wound up speaking to my assistant, wanting to rant and rave about the fact that her child was swearing up and down that she had turned her book in. This is nothing new to a librarian. My assistant came back into the library and said “That’s the heifer who had a baby by my friend’s husband. I hope she comes up here and tries to start some mess about that library book.” I kind of hope she does too –we need some excitement around here.

I have to finish checking in overhead projectors - each one I check in brings me a little closer to the end.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651096-Just-a-bunch-of-stuff