*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650897-Head-line-Breakfast-cook-freaks-people-massacred
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1562055
A Saskatchewan take on cooking at its best!
#650897 added May 21, 2009 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
Head line-"Breakfast cook freaks, people massacred."
The set up of this unbelievable tale is a breakfast house on Circle Drive again, here in Saskatoon. I worked with a guy for about two years and throughout the two years I probably made him tell me this story at least 50 times. The way he told it had me in tears every time; I’ll try to do him justice for the incredibly brutal circumstances he went through. I really can’t imagine this happening to anybody. We’ll call him Stan.

         After over a year of faithful service to the breakfast franchise Stan proceeded to go to work just like he had many, many times before. Working on the buffet line grunting away every mourning on the endless task of tedious pork dominated meal preparations would have had me finished so very long before. But Stan didn’t mind it, as he showed up to work and suited up his perception was normal and nothing seemed to be amidst.
         Out of nowhere, in the middle of the breakfast service, with a full restaurant of food consuming cattle his attention is demanded by two large men in blue. In the middle of the dining room with lots of customers and staff looking on the men in blue begin to serve the faithful cook his writes and proceed to handcuff and arrest him for theft in front of everyone. Obviously distraught and completely shocked Stan begins pleading his innocents to the officers as well as the manager and all the onlookers.
         I can imagine the entire place in dead silence as this takes place, everyone staring in shock and disbelief. Unimaginable!
         The cops take him away and the business I assume goes right back to normal now that the thief had been removed. In the station Stan begins to attempt redemption, eventually the accusing manager as well as the constable on duty and Stan figure out what exactly had happened and the charges were dropped. As the distraught Stan begins the releasing process the manager approaches him and apologizes to him explaining that its no big deal and it was an honest mistake (yeah right!). The manager offers Stan a ride and naturally he accepted the offering.
         About ten minutes into the ride Stan notices that they are nowhere near his house and he wonders where he is being taken. As they move closer and closer Stan thinks. No, no way, were not going… what. No way… Really? Yup, he’s taking him back to work.
         He asks the manager, “where are we going?” as the manager replies.
         “Well you still have two hours of your shift so your going back to work.”
         When they returned to the franchise Stan went back to work! The true definition of a disgruntled employee, this is how mass murders are created and get this as it turns out it was an issue of misplaced inventory. NOTHING WAS EVEN STOLEN!!
         Stan goes down in the history books with a big shinny star that says trooper on it. He told me that he went about two more weeks before eventually quitting and never, ever going back.
         Unbelievable, there is no way I could ever make this stuff up. Only in the kitchen is something like this even possible. Good work Stan you will forever be remembered.

© Copyright 2009 James Write's (UN: jamesrkyle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James Write's has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650897-Head-line-Breakfast-cook-freaks-people-massacred