*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650475-The-Holy-Baton-A-heart-too-small-for-the-Tin-Man
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#650475 added May 18, 2009 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
The Holy Baton. A heart too small for the Tin Man.
I sent a note to chicochica about an exchange today at Butterfly Herbs:

I mentioned today the there was a study who showed that older male Republicans were the happiest folks around. I said that being top-dog i.e. 1. male, 2. wealthy or comfortable, 3. in control, 4. non-questioning, et cetera, can lead to a happy-happy time. I then mentioned how there was a study that Utahns are happy. Which lead to Mormon culture and the role of women and how everything comes through the Man. Which lead to this exchange:

Melody: "They hold the Holy Baton of God."

Me: "Where do they hold it?"

Findley: "Between their teeth."

Melody: "It's the hand-off that's important."

*Bigsmile*

Thoughts? Additions? Too bad I don't write stories and don't do dialogue. *Rolleyes*

Today is warm and sunny. I'm avoiding the sun until I get a new cap. I have a friend here who has a natural light tan (not sure of his heritage) and noted over the weekend that he was turning red. I so do not want to burn!

When I left my room this morning I noticed one of my Sushi.5s sitting on the window of the new room I'll be moving into on the 1st. Odd sensation.

I'm trying to focus a bit on my daily life... not doing too well, but I AM trying. *Wink* If I remember to pay Verizon, wash my underwear, box up some loose items for the move, call the landlord to make ab-fab sure he knows what's going on... I can enjoy the rest of the week. I leave for Minnesota to visit with Scarlett, Mandy, Susan and Thomas and anyone who wants to join us on the eve of the 27th ***hint*** next Tuesday the 26th. It takes 25 hours flying low.

I've set a new goal of calling friends on the weekend (it doesn't cost and I don't have to worry as much about time zones). I called a friend in Kansas yesterday. Call my mother and aunt every weekend as well. Sundays tend to be slow in Missoula.

I haven't used Skype yet. *Shock* But I will.

I need to promote these better.

"Snow Dragon
"At the homeless encampment
"Remains of a juvenile delinquent

True, I've had a couple nibbles and 753 gps isn't much. Ken and Alfred r/r a couple and I thank them for that. Time for the Plug Page? When each gets near 10 I'll lower the gps to not go bankrupt, but 10 r/r are necessary to get stats and to consider all the reviews and ratings as a group. As I mentioned yesterday... life can be a sorting task.

A shepherd's purse
blooms in a crack
sets seed in heart shaped capsules
too small for the Tin Man.


Excerpt of newer edited poem found in: "166.53* Trash (1-3)

Montana: warm, sunny, over 80 degrees.
14,931

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650475-The-Holy-Baton-A-heart-too-small-for-the-Tin-Man