*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650372-Prompt-2
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1561660
contest entry 7 prompts
#650372 added May 18, 2009 at 3:53am
Restrictions: None
Prompt 2
As we walked down the sidewalk I couldn't help but think about everything we left behind. Xyiss and I were royalty back at our former home. We were the highest rank of KNIGHT, but now we were running like fugitives. Forced to live in the shadows of the human world.
I wanted to just drop it all and quit, but thanks to Crillic we couldn't even risk trying to contact our home.
Crillic just showed up one day in a thunderous EARTHQUAKE and in a matter of days wrecked our entire lives. It was almost a fairy tale now that I think about it. Except there is no PRINCESS to save, no CASTLE to over throw and no happy ending.
I had to find a way to distract myself so I wouldn't dwell on it, just the slightest thought about it all infuriated me.
I needed to keep my mind focused on the task at hand, I needed to stay strong for Xyiss, I had to...I promised.
It's not often a demon is born with an illness, but when it happens it is devastating to the body. Xyiss was the first sickly born child in over two hundred years. Though he's still stronger than any human, he's much weaker than any other demon and he is very frail compared to me or anyone else from our realm.
I looked over at my brother as we continued down the sidewalk.
"We should stop and eat somewhere, you look tired, you could use the rest."
Xyiss did his best to smile and look happy.
"You know I don't care for human food, Grale."
I could easily see past Xyiss' sharade, His sadness grew along with the days.
"Yes, I know you don't like it, but you have to eat something, Xyiss."
Xyiss agreed with me, he was never one to argue. Xyiss prefered to avoid confrontation completely.
© Copyright 2009 Lady Blackheart (UN: ladyblackheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Blackheart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650372-Prompt-2