*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650343-just-a-quick-note-once-more
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1008111
My attempt to Journal in public- I may get shy or not. Let's see.
#650343 added May 17, 2009 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
just a quick note... once more.
What is it? Here I go with such a long wait between innings ( ok- some out of context baseball jargon). What can I say? Well, not much... it is baseball jargon and it is out of context. This last month has seemed out of context. Maybe it is just me. My wife seems to be on a breaking glasses trend ( the ones you drink liquids out of not the ones needed to see through). I seem to keep bumping into stuff and finding odd bruises. My boss just got diagnosed with cancer ( small tumor, stage one... they (it is always a they... isn't it?) are optimistic about a cure). And, here I sit waiting for a drive to clone itself (with some software help) so I can change out a hard drive for one with more room... and here I sit.

I feel most fortunate to be able to be right here to sit and wait. I have time to jot an entry here... slovenly writer that I am. I am feeling lucky at the moment. While driving to see my wife's mom yesterday (we saw my mom last week on the "actual" Mother's Day (for Peace (what it started out being before Hallmark bought the rights)) and went to see my wife's mom this weekend... it was sort of fair). The trip was east along Interstate 20 in Georgia. We (my wife and I) were barreling along when we heard a thump. We had just passed the Madison exit just a few miles back... when we heard a thump. Then, a second thump sounded a couple of seconds later. Right after getting "what could that have been?" out of my mouth... the car began vibrating. I took a hint and started for the shoulder of the road.

Before I made it... there came a very loud thump from the front of the car and we started listing to starboard. There was a huge ( for Georgia) lake right beside us so I thought a little out of context boating terminology might be nice. The car almost pulled itself off the the shoulder. We settled to a long slow stop with not much more going on. I got out and met my wife near the front of the car where the passenger side front tire was just a tad worst for wear... ok, it was shredded and barely hanging on to the rim, steel belts just a showing. We weren't going far.

Thank you for being there AAA... my wife put in a call and soon... 20 minutes... Bo from Bo's Wrecker Service came pulling up. He wasn't talkative in the usual sense, sort of the quiet get the job done sort. He got my doughnut on for me. If anyone knows that part of Georgia, they know there isn't much from there to Augusta. And, certainly not a tire store... not that I knew of... I can find you a coffee or a sandwich easy enough, but a tire would be much more difficult. So, I asked Bo. He had a shop if I wanted to follow him back. I did... I am glad I did. About 40 minutes later, we were back on the road. Anyway, here I am home again. Now to see if I can get this back up done and a new hard drive put in... odd sometimes how time in life does things. I mean, on Saturday, I had a near wreck blow out experience, got 4 new tires (yes, it was time (8 year old tires) and the price was what I would have paid anywhere for them), and back on the road in about an hour while moving little tidbits of data from one drive just a foot from the other drive is taking three hours. Go figure.

© Copyright 2009 thatBobguy (UN: bobwatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
thatBobguy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650343-just-a-quick-note-once-more