*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650137-Water-DD
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#650137 added May 16, 2009 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
Water DD
Several people have asked me when/if I’ll put in another entry. This just goes to show I am not a dedicated blogger, although I write everyday and a lot. The reason is more than my sloth. My impromptu real-life writing ends up becoming whiney and not wine-y. I can’t take whiney, especially from me. Wine-y would have been better.

Since this is another entry just to prove to myself that I can at least visit the blog like a distant relative, get ready for whiney because I am having another DD day.
DD = Domestic Disturbance
Domestic= anything outside of me that has to do with the tangible nitty gritty of everyday life

Today’s DD: I woke up early in the morning to the sounds of trucks and machines. Our neighborhood is a very quiet neighborhood. Although it is not an over-55 area, most of the neighbors are older than me, and I like acting the spring chicken after 60. The downside is my neighbors keep dying on me.

In our very quiet street, Saturday mornings, I usually linger in bed and read or listen to books-on-tape or rather books on CDs. No such luxury today. I thought maybe someone is getting some work done on his house or in his yard.

While I was doing my morning stretch exercises, hubby came in to warn me not to take a shower. It seems a water main had broken. They were repairing it and we had no water. To top it off, the water would not be safe 100%. Hubby said he woke up to someone banging on the front door at six o’clock in the morning. They told him not to drink the water for 48 hours and gave him a yellow paper.

Although the paper says we can use the water but not drink it, I feel funny using it. By tomorrow it should be okay, although i am not too sure .

So, a little while after they finished the work, I put plastic bag over my head and took some kind of a shower. No, I didn’t suffocate, and let’s hope my skin does not itch, swell, or break up.

Luckily, our town takes care of such emergencies well, and they let the people know even by going from house to house. When we lived in Long Island, we had no such luck. So, I appreciate greatly what they are doing here, but today’s DD is still annoying.

A little later, we went to the library. Saturday is our library day. It used to be Sunday, but due to the lack of funds, the library is closed Sundays. After the library we went to the supermarket to buy water. At least, we now have water to brush our teeth with.

Come to think of it, a while ago I saw a few of our neighbors. They looked dazed and flustered. That look can come with aging, but theirs was with icing on top. One of them thought we were away for months and got lost in the steppes of some wild place, although she had talked to me a few days ago. She thinks we travel non-stop. We used to, but not anymore, at least not that much.

I am guessing my neighbors, like me, don’t feel awake without a decent shower in the morning. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2009 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650137-Water-DD