*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649210-Song-of-rails-and-Jumbo-Ohrmann-May-downpour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#649210 added May 11, 2009 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Song of rails and Jumbo. Ohrmann. "May downpour"
I am easily overwhelmed by the senses. Sharp noises set my nerves ajangling. Fragrances evoke memories.

Sometime this year I'll return to Costa Rica. It will be a beautiful but dangerous decision on my part. The senses so easily overwhelm and there are recesses that may awake.

*Flower2*

I just had a pigeon on my window sill. They are around, but not as common here as other places I've lived. I was puzzled at first by the "coo". Should've asked: could you coo a little LOUDER please. *Laugh*

Yesterday I wished I had a recording of the singing rails as the train came to a stop below Mt. Jumbo. Tremendous music! All to a backdrop of yellow balsamroot blazing on a field of spring-green against a pale blue evening sky.

*Flower2*

Saturday, I went to a short documentary on Bill Ohrmann of Drummond. He started painting when he was 78 and is now 90 something. His paintings are meaningful... those that uplift, those that disturb. Many are based on the poetry of John Haines.

I had a chance to speak to him. He has a wonderful smile and is a radiant gentle soul. Need to go visit his museum. It's about 49 miles east from here.

The documentary is named after this positive painting:

http://www.ohrmannmuseum.com/guest.html

This one totally unnerves me:

http://www.ohrmannmuseum.com/whyisitthenightcomeson.html


Aidez-moi avec ma peur.
Cleanse the gutters of my fear.
Splash away the dust
and leave but slick clay mud
and rivers rising.

Excerpt of new poem found in: "166.46 May downpour*. Kansas downpours are real ... Western Montana has wannabe rains. *Laugh*

Montana: cloudy morning. 50s.
14,767

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649210-Song-of-rails-and-Jumbo-Ohrmann-May-downpour