*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648209-In-the-Land-of-Misery
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#648209 added May 4, 2009 at 8:57pm
Restrictions: None
In the Land of Misery
I have crossed the river into the Land of Misery, the homeland of Lush Rimbaugh. I will sit here in Purgatory till I escape at 1 a.m. It is cloudy, warm and dreary. After Winter-in-Montana I am used to grey.

Today was stressful. It cost 3 times what I was quoted to ship my stuff. Renting a U-Haul would've been cheaper, easier and more convenient. No room for all that stuff though in my tiny room.

However ... Lavinia told me today that my neighbor is moving out. I like him, but I'm sure I'd like his room too. *Smile*

One can hope.

Anyhoo ... 5 years of notes/journals are headed to Montana and I'm stuck here waiting. I shall be patient. I get to see South Dakota for the first time tomorrow, passing through Iowa and Nebraska to get there.

Yesterday I went up the bell tower at K.U. and talked to the carilloneuse, Elizabeth Berghout. It was a good visit.

Over the last 5 days I ran into over 50 people I know. It was amazing and wonderful.

Misery: warm, grey ... miserable.
14,614

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648209-In-the-Land-of-Misery