*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647558-Keeping-busy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#647558 added April 30, 2009 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Keeping busy
    i know a few troubled people, each with a different set of problems. It's a constant pity party to be around them. You know the whining type that never tire of complaining. If you say anything, they claim they're not being negative or complaining; they're just telling the truth!

    I find the one thing they have in common is that they usually have too much time on their hands to concentrate on themselves. You can almost always find someone else worse off with a better attitude. If these whiners would do some charity work, acutal hands-on work not fund-raising, they'd have a different attitude, too.

    People who focus too much on themselves need to spend a good portion of time caring for less fortunate people. Never doing charity work prevents people from maturing enough to look outside themselves. They remain children even into their 70's. They may avow they loved their children, but when I listen to them, I can tell they were always focused on themselves. No wonder the kids grow up with problems and turn out to be selfish, too. It has nothing to do with intelligence, education, or station in life. It's just learning that the world doesn't revolve around you.

    Charity work is an excellent cure for many ills. According to C S Lewis, don't wait to feel charitable. Practice charity first, the feelings will come later.

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647558-Keeping-busy