*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646641-Chapter-4
Rated: 18+ · Book · Dark · #1542564
Danu is a shifter, Chosen by a vamp, loved by a Were and stuck in a middle of a war.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#646641 added April 23, 2009 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4
CHAPTER 4



          I could feel my face redden in anger. Not just anger at Aiden for touching me and marking me, anger at myself for letting him touch me when I should have realized the marking process had begun. I should have known last night after he saved my life, not only once but twice that I was meant to be his Chosen. Vampires do not go out of their way to help just anyone, he must have felt a pull towards me or something because I was his Chosen. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and  I hadn't even realized I was crying.

          Don't be sad, mo chroi, its not so bad to be my Chosen, I could hear Aiden's voice in my mind as he wiped the tear from my cheek.

          I turned my head in time to see Adam walking towards us, anger streaking across his face. We hadn't started dancing and people had started backing away from us and dancing else where; we were creating a scene.

          "Danu, are you okay?" Adam reached out for my arm, and Aiden's hand was still resting on my back.

          I pulled away from both of them, "Don't touch me, please. Either of you, please, just don't touch me."

          "What's the matter Danu?" Adam looked hurt, but he didn't reach out to touch me.

          Don't you dare tell him Aiden. It would kill him, please don't, I all but got on my knees begging.

          Don't worry mo chroi, I won't tell the were, thats your responsibility, he said without a hint of humor or anything in his voice.

          "Can we go home, please Adam?" I sniffed and wiped away the last tear that threatened to trail down my cheek.

          "Are you sure he didn't hurt you baby?" Adam asked skeptically, glaring at Aiden.

          "I'll be okay. Come on."

          Adam put his arm around my waste and led me up the stairs and finally out of Hex. The cool breeze of the evening hit me and a wave of relief and nausea hit me all at once. I felt my stomach cramp, and pushed Adam away just in time to puke all over the sidewalk. I knew I was crying now, but I just couldn't help it.

          "Can you make it to the car ?" Adam asked as he lifted my hair out of my face.

          I shook my head and let him pick me up and carry me to the passenger side of his truck. He was warm and conforting, and the thought of him made me want to cry even harder. Now even if I wanted to I couldn't be with Adam, I couldn't love him and be a part of his pack or anyone's pack. The only comforting thought was that I would never be alone either, because Aiden would always have to be around.

          Adam set me down in the passenger seat and buckeled me in. He went around to the driver's side door and started the truck. He didn't say anything to me on the way to his house, but I could feel him looking over at me, and the sadness he was feeling followed. I wanted to stop crying, but I couldn't. My whole body shook as I cried silently. Adam didn't stop until we were parked in his driveway.

          He came around the car and opened my door slowly. His big beautiful blue eyes peered into mine, searching for some sort of answer. I reached out for him and wraped my arms around his neck. He responded by pulling me to the edge of the seat and wrapping my legs around his waste, his hands settling under my butt. I stared into his eyes for a long moment before making any movement.

          I leaned foreward and kissed him feircely on the lips, and pressing myself up against him. Adam kissed me back with more passion then I'd ever felt before, while he picked me up and slammed his truck door closed with his foot. I continued kissing him while he carried me and walked up the stairs to his deck. He sat me down on the railing as his hands quickly moved to unzip my dress. I ripped open the front of his shirt, I heard the buttons drop to the deck as the popped off the shirt, neither Adam nor I cared. I didn't care about anything besides Adam and I right now, I couldn't think about anything else.

        Adam picked me up and carried me into the house easily, without even hesitating at opening the back door and slamming it loudly behind us. He carried me right to his room, and set me gently on my feet. I kicked my heels off and undid his pants in the blink of an eye. He was just as quick, pulling my dress over my head and tossing it on the floor. He lowered his head to my breast and sucked it in gently. I purred in excitement as I ran my hand through his thick gorgious hair.

        "Adam," I whispered. He stopped and looked at me, "Take me... now." 



**********



          I awoke to an angry snarling a noise. Adam was sleeping soundly, arms wrapped around me tightly, and I could tell no one else was in the house with us, and yet I couldn't tell where the noise was coming from. I was groggy, and comfortable in Adam's arms, and definatly did not want to move. Before I could move I realized where the noise was coming from because I instantly had a vision of him in my head. Aiden.

          He was surrounded by were's, a couple of whom I knew pretty well. I couldn't tell exactly where they were but I could tell that Aiden was alone, scared and pissed off. I lay in bed absolutley still.

          "Aiden," I thought in my head.

          "Not now love. I'm in the middle of something," he replied in a slightly irritated voice.

          "I could tell by all the snarling in my head. You woke me up," I was still speaking in my head.

          "Well I guess thats pay back for all the scream and moaning that kept me up all night. I'll talk to you about that later love."

          "You'll never make it out of there alive unless you listen to me right now. Rayven is the blond to the right of you in the black, she's the best fighter I've ever seen, but she's a good friend. Tell her your not with the vamps here and that your friends with me. Have her call me," I urged.

          Suprisingly he listened and I reached over to the night stand to grab my cell phone. Adam sighed loudly as I moved, but he kept his arm tight around me, still asleep. I answered as it barely rang.

          "Rayven," I answered.

          "Danu, I have this leech here who says he's a friend,and he's not like the others around here. Whats going on?" she sighed exasperated.

          "His name is Aiden, and he's not like any other vamp I've met before. I know him and you have to let him go."

          "Give me one good reason," Rayven replied.

          "I'm his Chosen."

          I heard an unusual gasp from the other end of the line, and I felt Adam stiffen behind me. Hells.

          "I'll let him go this time, but tell him not to hang around low-lives like Dominic, this is the only time I'll let him go." She hung up as soon as she finished talking.

          I laid the phone down and rolled slowly over to face Adam. I knew he was awake and he'd heard what I'd told Rayven. I breathed slowly and evenly, not to let Adam know how nervous I really was. I could barely look in his eyes when I turned over.

          "Danu," his voice was strong and very Alpha like, "You lied to me."

          I kept staring down, allowing him to show dominence as he was Alpha and all, "I didn't lie exactly, I just didn't tell you."

          "Why didn't you tell me?" This time there was a tinge of hurt in his voice.

          "How could I Adam? How could I break your heart when I'm finally falling ... " I stopped at my own words.

          "Falling what?" he said barely above a whisper.

          "I can't Adam, I can't hurt you," I felt a hot tear roll down my cheek.

          "Tell me Danu," he demanded.

          "If Aiden hadn't touched me last night, I would have spent the rest of my life with you. I would have ... I would have ... " I sniffed and cried.

            "Say it Danu," his voice was softer and less Alpha-like.

            "I can't Adam. You know how this goes, I'm marked. Thats never going to go away. Even if I ignore him, he's still in my head, he'll still be around because he can't go away, he can't live without me. And I already feel the pull towards him, the longer I ignore it, the worse it will be untill I won't be able to help but to call out to him. I don't want this to hurt more then it already will Adam, please don't make me hurt you like this," I was full-out crying now, hot tears streaming down my cheeks.

            I felt his thumb wipe away my tears, "I need to hear it Danu, please."

            "Fine, damnit. I think I love you Adam."
© Copyright 2009 Cierra J (UN: cncj88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cierra J has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646641-Chapter-4