*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646555-Ponderings
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#646555 added April 23, 2009 at 9:49am
Restrictions: None
Ponderings
*Note* Twitter has been in the news lately. Surgeons are Tweeting during surgery. Our news channel tells you where to find them on Twitter. Um . . . guess what, people? I don't know how Twitter works. And don't care! I'm too busy to learn how to do something new. Also, too old to fall for each new bandwagon-y thing that comes along. Especially when it doesn't look like my life will be substantially improved by it.

*Note* Speaking of going with the latest thing people are doing, let me tell on myself here: it took me several years to decide I wanted to invest in CD technology. I wanted to see if they were hanging around for a while. We had already been through records, 8-tracks, and cassettes. Why should I buy CD's until I see if the next thing is coming along to push them out of the way?

*Note* A piece of Whatsit trivia: my first car had an 8-track player in it. I had one 8-track cassette: of Olivia Newton-John.

*Note* This will seem dumb to some people, but let me ask this question. How do they know what cell phone they are turning on or off? Let's say I fail to pay my bill for a couple of months and they turn my service off. How do they know it's Whatsit's phone and nobody else's they are turning off? Are there hundreds of switches on the wall, one of them with the label "Whatsit's cell phone" by it?

*Note* I keep hoping that Elvis is alive. Don't you think that after he faked his death, he would have come back to his home state of Mississippi? Makes perfect sense to me. I keep expecting to see him in some little country store, eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches and playing checkers with all the other 70somethings.


© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646555-Ponderings